PT8 Problem with meter and bar|beat! VERY URGENT!

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Ok, Actually I'm setting the projects for my next session.
I put the guide tracks and I'm setting the tempos, the marker and all the stuff.
Unfortunately I found a problem/bug in PT.
I have 4/4 beats. The beat 29 changes in 1/4 and the 30 return in 4/4. So I put the cursor on 29, I go in Transport and I set 1/4 in the meter session.
What happens? This:

Tempo-problem1.jpg

The beat 29 is showed like a 2/4 beat, the beat 30 disappear and it shows only beat 31. But if I go 1/4 after 29, I found beat 30 (but PT hiddens it).
But beat 30 has to be 4/4 so, I set 4/4 for it and what happens now???

Tempo-problem2.jpg

Beat 30 disappear definitelly, 31 and 32 becomes hidden and 29 becomes a big single beat :\
If I scroll with the mouse the bar|beat I find 29 (1/4), 31 (graphically hidden but 4/4, and 32 the same).
Very very very weird!
Anyone has ever seen something like this?

whenever i run into click problems i can always fix it by restarting pro tools. Im assuming you've tried this already?

It's not a click problem. Here there are beats that disappear when I change the meter of some beat
I don't know if it's a bug or if I do mistakes.
I can also change the beat 29 in 5/4, but I don't understand why it works in this way

Theres a ruler for Meter where you should be inserting the meter changes

I have noticed in PT 8 that the Bar|Beat ruler sometimes has missing #s

If you have the time install 8.0.1 (uninstall PT8, Toolkit, install PT8, 8.0.1, Toolkits.)

look in the top left of the edit window where there are the minutes/seconds etc rulers. there should be tempo and meter rulers there. click on the + on the meter ruler, this will bring up another window that allows you to add a time signiture. it also has a bit for bars:beats:ticks so you can place time changes through out the track.

Ok thank you. The meter track works, but the beat after an 1/4 beat still disappear (or better, PT doesn't show the beat number but there is) but now if I set the disappeared beat to 4/4 it works