Punish my heaven bluegrass cover released!

I want to make sexes to this track :D

I love it so much I even went out and got a cowboy hat today! :heh:

Simply AMAZING! I hadn't realised how complex and beautiful this song really is, you guys made me fall in love with it all over again. :D

I think that this track followed by the original can be a great way for starting people into metal.. Mmm, i need a guinea pig to try this. :D

I hadn't realised how complex and beautiful this song really is...

What the fuck is wrong with you, woman?

I'm not talking about complex - you just need to see (und understand) the tabs, - but what the fuck was that about beautiful?

It's like me peeing in that Michelangelo's-painted-ceiling-building is what you said.

H-ha!

I'm not talking about complex - you just need to see (und understand) the tabs, - but what the fuck was that about beautiful?

It's like me peeing in that Michelangelo's-painted-ceiling-building is what you said.

H-ha!

When did cowboy hat become street talk for crack?

I want to make sexes to this track :D

:lol: I felt like that too.

When did cowboy hat become street talk for crack?

Hahahaha! :lol:

Now, back on topic.

Really, what a great cover! I love it, it's very original but at the same time keeps the flavour, depth, and (yes) beauty of the original!

You really did a great job lads, congratulations! And you've been working on your image too :) . As I just posted on YouTube, I cannot wait for an entire album like this!

I'm also very interested in reading Niklas' (or of anyone of the band) comments. I hope you link it to your main web-page!

I'm also very interested in reading Niklas' (or of anyone of the band) comments. I hope you link it to your main web-page!

Well, to quote Niklas: "Yee-haw!"

And the official DT Facebook-profile tells: "In-freakin'-credible! Go listen to Slaughter of the bluegrass' "Punish my heaven" cover NOW!"

I suppose you don't need to read too much between the lines to see that they really like it. :)

-Villain

Well, to quote Niklas: "Yee-haw!"

And the official DT Facebook-profile tells: "In-freakin'-credible! Go listen to Slaughter of the bluegrass' "Punish my heaven" cover NOW!"

I suppose you don't need to read too much between the lines to see that they really like it. :)

-Villain

I guess I should've checked the web-page before hehe :p . Really, great cover!

Insert superlative here.

But seriously, great fucking job. I usually don't get along with this genre, but you guys did a fantastic version. The musicianship is ridiculous and you guys did a great job successfully retaining the mood of the original track. Its been said before, but keep us posted when you guys get an album together, you certainly have some fans here (and some business too ;)).

Haha, imagine a naturally beautiful girl that you always see without makeup. Then you suddenly see a professional picture of her with the use of makeup and photoshop, and you know what is wrong with me.
The use of violin did it for me, it made me imagine it as a piece of classical music.

I can't wait for new covers from these guys. There definitely should be an album.

Haha, imagine a naturally beautiful girl that you always see without makeup. Then you suddenly see a professional picture of her with the use of makeup and photoshop, and you know what is wrong with me.

I can't wait for new covers from these guys. There definitely should be an album.

#1 - that's deep :D

There totally should be an album or a release of some sort. There was a Metallica bluegrass covers CD, piano/string tributes to several bands (Iron Maiden, Muse, H.I.M.), but covering SMDM (or whatever you call it htese days) the way SotB do that... I wonder if there was any interest from the labels, as I would totally be on it if that was something I were doing!

The distance between a web-sensation and real-world "celebrity" isn't that long, if proper pressure applied :D More covers of different bands = teh win.

Agreed, there should be an album. Maybe put Lethe and A Bolt Of Blazing Gold.
As well as these SMDM songs:

In Flames - "Episode 666"
At The Gates - "Kingdom Gone" (I will laugh so hard when he says "KINGDOM FUCKING GOOOOONE")
Arch Enemy - "Pilgrim"
Soilwork - "Chainheart Machine"

They did a great job with this cover. It forces you to go back and re-listen to the original in a different way because there is so much going in it musically.

That said, I think Blinded By Fear lent itself better to the way they cover songs better. Just my opinion.

What the plintus?! One entire album with this guy singing?? Bad enough he screwed up this one, he's flat as hell. Tuomas Tuominen would have been the perfect man for the job.