Punish My Heaven gone bluegrass.

Looks like the Von Canto concept of taking metal songs and covering them in the most awkward genre possible is catching on!

It's kinda cool, yet I'm horrified. Is that wrong? =O

I think it takes more than taking a pop song and turning it into metal (Boney Nem, Ten Masked Men). And I think good music will sound good in any form: acoustic, remixed, bluegrass, electro raggae, etc...

Ha!

DT is 60% way ahead of competition (was #2 last night :p)

You can't underestimate ways of official forums and Facebook :D

Wow, i love it. Somehow it still manages to sound creepy, maybe even more than the original. :D

Seems like Punish my heaven wins. Depends on for how long time we wait, though. I think In Flames will catch up soon :) Anyway, we've come up with some plans for the rearrangement of Punish my heaven, and the first riff will probably be played on mandolin, in shuffle :) And the song will be faster (!) than the original, if we manage to paly it, hehe.
This will probably take at least a few weeks. Getting the arrangement right is the big part, but the playing ain't gonna be easy neither!

/Dan
www.sotb.se

Seems like Punish my heaven wins. Depends on for how long time we wait, though. I think In Flames will catch up soon :) Anyway, we've come up with some plans for the rearrangement of Punish my heaven, and the first riff will probably be played on mandolin, in shuffle :) And the song will be faster (!) than the original, if we manage to paly it, hehe.
This will probably take at least a few weeks. Getting the arrangement right is the big part, but the playing ain't gonna be easy neither!

Hopefully it'll turn out as great as Blinded by Fear - keep up the good work! :kickass:

-Villain

Hey what a great cover! It's very very good, congratulations guys!

I can't wait for the PMH cover! :)

Also, if you're into this "covers of metal songs by non-metal bands" stuff you should check this out:

http://www.myspace.com/combodelamuerte

This band is awesome, they have "tropical" versions of metal songs! Well not really tropical, more like "voddo latin jazz" or something :p . Anyhow, their CD is excellent, do check them out!

Mooning Shield, I assure you! :D

Tststs, you silly Americans. I have never heard of the concept of mooning anywhere outside of the US.

Moonshield will be great though as well, it is a great song.

@ kung: Do you have an estimate as to how long it will take you until PMH is finished? Months, weeks, years?

But you have heard of it :D

And read the thread - kung mentioned "at least a few weeks".

I have seen "it". I spent ten months beyond the big blue pond.

Seems like my reading skills aren't what they used to be. I am getting old.