Punk/Hardcore in the vein of Refused

onetruth

Apr 21, 2006
Worcester, UK
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around on this forum for quite a few years now without posting much as my knowledge of recording/mixing etc was pretty limited. Throwing my opinions into threads would have been a bad idea.....best to leave it to the experts to give tips i say! :) So i've absorbed as much info as i could from all the great guys on this forum and used it in my home studio to record and mix my own songs. I've just recorded a track for my new band called Captured and wanted to share it on here to get some feedback.

I know for certain that this isn't a perfect mix by any standards....in fact, i'd be worried if i ever got to a stage where i thought a mix of mine was perfect cus then there wouldn't be anything else to achieve or strive for right?! so, bearing in mind that this mix could be better and is most certainly flawed, i'd love to get some opinions from you guys about my first attempt at a mix and what i could do to improve it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10612625/01 Captured - At The Heart (of Every Nation).mp3

I also know this isn't a metal track and so maybe isn't the usual type of sound/mix that normally gets posted on this forum, so if you're unsure of where i'm heading with the style then check out refused on spotify....maybe a track like 'the shape of punk to come'.

thanks!
Jim \m/

Nice to hear some Hardcore instead of metalcore labelled as hardcore.
Sounds good dude, guitars seem a little loud but they are loud on shape of punk so I'm guessing thats why that is like that. Snare could come up a tad and the only other thing I thought was the kick could be a little more vintage style ala refused? Sounds a bit tight and clicky maybe.
Look forward to some more dude, right up my street

Guitars are a TAD loud for my taste but if fits the style. I like the feel of the song but as everyone said kick and snare are maybe a bit too ''metal''.

thanks to all of you for taking the time to have a listen to my track! and i'm definitely in total agreement with all suggestions......the kick and snare are definitely too "metal" for this type of track....i'm gonna get working on it tonight and get them sounding a bit more vintage and i'll raise/eq the snare to bring it out in the mix a little more. i might take the guitars down 1 or 2db aswell :)

thanks again guys, really appreciate it! i'll post a new clip up at the wknd........and we're just working on track 2 so i'll post that up soon aswell!