Punkish / Rockish Mix with vocals

philby82

Jan 13, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Hey guys

This is the first song we have tracked vox for for my new band. The mix is sounding ok for me, hoping you might be able to pick anything i might of missed.

If theres any info any wants, ask away

EDIT: Mix take 2 - upped bass and vocals

Cheers

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like guitars are drowning out the vocals a bit (a lot in the intro), not really liking the guitar tone either. Bass is hardly audible.

Really like your vocals! Cant judge the mix as Im on a laptop but cool song

Cheers dude, i'l let the singer know

Sounds like guitars are drowning out the vocals a bit (a lot in the intro), not really liking the guitar tone either. Bass is hardly audible.

I've done a second mix where i have turned up the bass and vox and added it to the original post. I have a bad habit of having the bass very quiet in my mixes for some reason lol.

Awesome vocals, if there's autotune i can't really tell, the mix sounds good to me, i'd give a little more highs to the guitars maybe and make them a tad louder so it blends with the vocals on some parts, thumbs up!

Awesome vocals, if there's autotune i can't really tell, the mix sounds good to me, i'd give a little more highs to the guitars maybe and make them a tad louder so it blends with the vocals on some parts, thumbs up!

cheers dude, no autotune on there.

Il have to visit the guitars a bit more and post up an updated version.

Cant wait to finish off some of the other stuff we are working on and get it up here, theres alot more variety in the music and his vocals are crazy.

Cheers

Phil

I'd de-ess those vocals a little harder and cut some lows. perhaps boost a little 3k-ish to bring them out, roll back the compression quite a bit and use a back-end limiter instead, cause they sound super smashed and in your face. I'd also do some automation to create a more powerful effect when the drums come in and the song officially starts, at 0.30. guitars lack a bit of clarity for the genre, I think a Marshall-esque tone would work wonders for this song, rather then that bonecrushing Sunlight Studios/Bloodbath tone you got going on. haha. otherwise great! great balance, and I dig the drum tone alot. keep up the good work.

btw, I dig the first version alot more!