purchasing a bass..

serenesorrow

Asian Woman
Jan 19, 2002
Sydney, Australia
sorry if there's other threads like this but I know there's a lot of bassists on this board and i was wandering whats a good bass to buy.
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years, and I'm not entirely new to bass so I want something probably mid-range so I wouldn't have to buy another for a while.
I'd probably want a five string, anyone got any recommendations on brands/models?
Thanks.

serenesorrow said:
sorry if there's other threads like this but I know there's a lot of bassists on this board and i was wandering whats a good bass to buy.
I've been playing guitar for about 2 years, and I'm not entirely new to bass so I want something probably mid-range so I wouldn't have to buy another for a while.
I'd probably want a five string, anyone got any recommendations on brands/models?
Thanks.

Well, Steve has blessed the ESP LTD f-205, and you aren't likely to stumble across a stronger source of recommendation. :)
You can read other posts about ESP LTD basses on this forum for his exact words, but I seem to recall a glowing review.

I would say a mid-priced ESP/LTD bass (B-205, F-205, etc) or a Carvin B5 (with whatever options you want, too)