Pure Fucking Armageddon Demo

Evil?

omghaxlol!1
Jun 25, 2005
Grand Haven, MI
Ok I know this is only a demo and I do not claim to know a lot about Black metal, but is this demo considered quality? I just downloaded it at 128kps and it sounds horrid. I can't really hear anything at all. Please enlighten me.

as far as im aware its only supposed to be worth hearing from a historical standpoint, the sound is reputedly almost unlistenable. you should probably try de mysteriis... instead

The Timebird said:
as far as im aware its only supposed to be worth hearing from a historical standpoint, the sound is reputedly almost unlistenable. you should probably try de mysteriis... instead

I had thought the historical value is what it is known for. I have heard 3 tracks off of DMDS and I love all 3. I plan on adding this album to my next online order.

Ok I'm a member of the majority that is in the opinion that Deathcrush is better than DMDS..... as for the PFA demo, haven't heard it acctually just the tracks on the DC "album" and if you want crappy sound from Mayhem i think that Dawn of the Black Hearts is the worst ;)

Just wanted to add that the other Mayhem stuff (the earlier) is pretty valuable too ... Grand Declaration Of War is a really concept-masterpiece, for sure different from what they had done before but still..And Chimera is a "back to the roots" album (let's say) with a powerful sound and some awesome songs...We can prepare for war with the upcoming album, Attila being back, released at the end of the year..

Actually the band hasn't done anything meaningful (or good) since DMDS (IMO).

Necuratul said:
Actually the band hasn't done anything meaningful (or good) since DMDS (IMO).
I agree.

I have been told that my band's demo tracks sound like "Pure Fucking Armageddon". This could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Deathcrush is really cool if you know what your getting. One of my friends thought he was gonna find the Mayhem he heard on Chimera and boy was he shocked. It is entirely different band, with a direction more unique and lacking as much of the general BM sound as an Chimera (though this album wasn't awful). I think DMD is the best choice.

Main thing is that i really dont like Atilla´s vocals at all so that sort of fucks up DMDS, other than that its a great album.

Attila is a fantastic vocalist, and a nice change of pace from the standard Black Metal vocals. Dead was hideously overrated as a vocalist.

Necuratul said:
Attila is a fantastic vocalist, and a nice change of pace from the standard Black Metal vocals. Dead was hideously overrated as a vocalist.

Yes finally somebody agrees with me that Attila was the better vocalist.

I don't know about better, but his unique and totally weird vocal style certainly gives DMDS that extra disturbing edge that it wouldn't have had if they had used a dime-a-dozen black metal vocalist. It took me a few listens to go from "wow this guy sucks" to "no wait, this is really great".

^ Same with me. At first I laughed at him, now I think he's awesome.

Evil? said:
I just downloaded it at 128kps

There is your first probably. Always download 192kps and above so you wont here all that computer noise if you play on certains radios. Better Safe then Sorry.

Speaking of Mayhem vox, Atilla gave shity vocals on Chimera comparing to DMDS. Maniac vocals were not so bad IMO. I really like them on "Wolf Lair Abbys".

Personally, I think that Atilla gave a killer performance on DMDS. Again (and I don't wish to labour the point), but without his vocals there would have been a real problem with the atmosphere. It wouldn't have been half as creepy or otherworldly.

Atmos FTW.