Putting up acoustic foam tiles?!?!

Sammul

New Metal Member
May 20, 2012
Coventry, UK
Hello,

I have recently purchased 6 x 36" x 24" Pro-coustix foam treatment panels as well as 24 x 12" panels.

But when it came to putting them up thats when the problems started.
I began by trying to use pro-coustix own isotac self adhesive strips on one of the smaller tiles but that turned out to be the most useless overpriced option as after an hour of putting them up they were down again.
I then used some double sided adhesive tape which was better but still they were always back down after a few hours.

The best option i have found so far is spray adhesive that since using has pretty much kept all the smaller panels up just fine, (upon inspection today some were starting to get a bit loose, but none had actually came down).
However on the larger tiles it tends to keep them up for a few days but they keep taking it in turns to fall down again.

Its beginning to get a bit tedious and in one case starting to damage the foam panel. So i was wondering what the best way to put them up and keep them up?! (preferably a way that wont damage the panels or walls)

Cheers :)

I attached all my acoustic foam tiles to wooden plates using velcro with adhesive tape on them.
The velcro on the wood plate side was secured with staples.
The velcro on the acoustic foam tiles I used a needle and thread and attached then with some stitches :)

So now you can hang the wooden plate to your wall like you would a picture.
At least this way you dont damage your walls.