PYRAMAZE - Disciples Of The Sun

Alrighty. Having listened to the disc several times now, I must say that Terje Harøy is absolutely excellent on this. Of course, having heard him with Teodor Tuff, I knew he was good. But here, he has come into his own. If he keeps this up, he will be acclaimed a top tier metal vocalist. Between his performance and the addition of Jacob Hansen on guitars and arrangements, these guys have taken it to another level.

What happened to Michael Kammeyer? Wasn't Pyramaze his project? I loved the first one and the one with Matt Barlow. I liked Bonecarver but it never hit me as strongly as those other two.

It was his project. He decided he didn't have time for music any longer, stepped away and allowed the others to continue under the Pyramaze banner without him. Although I think the new record is a solid Prog record, it lacks the teeth of their previous releases and ultimately leaves me flat.

Ah, I see. And I tend to agree with you assessment.

PYRAMAZE - TOTAL TRANSFORMATION

"...Danish progressive heavy metal band, Pyramaze, has taken on many shapes and forms in its 14-year career. On their fourth full-length album, Disciples Of The Sun, the band has completed a total transformation. Gone are the Iced Earth comparisons after Matt Barlow exited the band in 2008 after recording his only contribution, Immortal. Also gone is main songwriter/guitarist/bandleader Michael Kammeyer, who left in 2011. However, with new singer Terje Harøy (Teodor Tuff) in tow, Pyramaze has coagulated into a more polished, modern prog-metal band..."