Qs about Anthrax videos

jrw01-half

joethrax
Sep 28, 2003
OK
www.swordsandtequila.com
well, I have some questions for anyone with knowledge on the old Anthrax videotapes. I have "killer-a"s dvd and it has some concert footage from a Belladonna concert in Michigan, I think. Is this from either the P.O.V. tape or the N.F.V tape? Also, is POV or NFV any good? Which is better and why? Just curious. thanks

That footage is from neither, it's inhouse footage from the Palace of Auburn Hills, when Anthrax performed there opening for Iron Maiden. At large arenas concerts have been filmed by an inhouse crew for years, as this footage is shown on large screens (think jumbotrons) and also, is seen on monitors in the concession area and in the luxury suites. There are some other Anthrax shows that exist this way (Philly 88 comes to mind) And also, when Anthrax played the Palace in '02 with Priest, it was filmed.
I recommend POV if you can find it, it does a better job of telling their tale up to that point.

TD said:
And also, when Anthrax played the Palace in '02 with Priest, it was filmed.

Do you know if they are planning on releasing this at some point? Does anyone have a copy? I was at this show and it would be cool if I could get my hands on a copy.

Scott

SCott308 said:
Do you know if they are planning on releasing this at some point? Does anyone have a copy? I was at this show and it would be cool if I could get my hands on a copy.

Scott
If it pops up in bootleg circles I'll snag it. Maybe they will use it in the upcoming DVD. Actually I hope they do, a DVD of that show, with WCFYA videos, and a couple of hours of crackstage shenanigans would be PERFECT.

I think we need a full length show on dvd, not just the support slot they filmed. There have been hints of different tracks being put onto a dvd from all different shows which may be even better though.

timmyc said:
I think we need a full length show on dvd, not just the support slot they filmed. There have been hints of different tracks being put onto a dvd from all different shows which may be even better though.

Dude, your from a third world country where this DVD won't get released anyway, why you throwing in your witty comments.
:tickled:

(btw: i'm j/king w/ ya.)

Come to think of it, there's footage of when Anthrax opened for Priest in DC last October. I know for a fact that Nation video tape all their shows. I can't believe I had forgotten about this. I know a gay dude at my job that is "friendly" with one of the owners of Nation. I wonder if I can get a copy of this.

Dude, your from a third world country where this DVD won't get released anyway, why you throwing in your witty comments.
:tickled:

Well fuck me I thought that was way harsh !!!!

LOL

AlexStomp said:
Come to think of it, there's footage of when Anthrax opened for Priest in DC last October. I know for a fact that Nation video tape all their shows. I can't believe I had forgotten about this. I know a gay dude at my job that is "friendly" with one of the owners of Nation. I wonder if I can get a copy of this.

I bet you could. Granted, you might need to get "friendly" with him... :D

Scott

TD said:
If it pops up in bootleg circles I'll snag it. Maybe they will use it in the upcoming DVD. Actually I hope they do, a DVD of that show, with WCFYA videos, and a couple of hours of crackstage shenanigans would be PERFECT.

I was there early enough, I was able to watch them set up for the show. It was the last night of the tour, and instead of a mic they taped a banana to Bush's stand. He started to sing during the first song and obviously it didn't work. It took him a few moments to realize what was going on. Pretty funny.

Scott

one thing i got caught out on was that no one fucking told me about all this region bullshit,guess i'll have to get it chipped or buy a multi region player because only the really popular metal bands have region freindly formats!!!

i am so hanging to get coc,bls dvds!

okay, N.F.V. was hammersmith ballroom in london.
and P.O.V. was mostly studio videos except for the live shots from the sundome in tampa, . gmy for mtm and several locations for i'm da man.
I AM THE LAW looks to be from the ozzy tour in '90 or maiden. can't remember, but it's shot by the house. oh yah, and was there something from philly ? that would have been maiden.