Quantizing / beat detecting drums with blast beats

Vulcain

Black Metal
Sep 1, 2010
France
www.aldaaron.fr
Hails,

I've made a search on that topic but didn't find anything, so sorry if it has already been discussed.

I'm looking for a way to quantize drum parts including fast blast beats - up to 250 bpm. I wonder if this is possible ? If yes, can I quantize with good results using Cubase or will beat detective (or any other program) be much better / faster ?

Cheers

Hails,

I've made a search on that topic but didn't find anything, so sorry if it has already been discussed.

I'm looking for a way to quantize drum parts including fast blast beats - up to 250 bpm. I wonder if this is possible ? If yes, can I quantize with good results using Cubase or will beat detective (or any other program) be much better / faster ?

Cheers

Zoom in ;)

Or slow it down, edit, back to the original tempo. And just in case you're wondering - No, you won't be getting the artifacts of slowing down once you get it up to the original tempo again.

Hands are priority in blasts, and double bass sections too IMO. Do the feet after. I only pay attention to the feet when it's a more open beat (i.e. not a blast or double bass part haha). I use slip editing in Cubase, I'm sure it is just as fast as BD, if not faster as you aren't having to go back and forth with settings, you just GO with slip editing.

Andy (astudio) is fucking good at this ;)
Edit the section with bd, then manually adjust the kick and snare in seperatly from the group.

If you're replacing the kick anyway it's usually just as easy to not touch the kick while editing the drums and then convert the kick to MIDI and quantize it after you're done with editing the rest of the kick.

There are a bunch of audio to MIDI converters out there. Massey DTM, Drumagog, Trigger, Drumtracker etc. I think Logic even has an in-built one.

Never really had issues with blasts. Just edit it like anything else, use the tools at your disposal and choose the best for the task at hand.

Digital Performer has gorgeous audio to midi conversion capabilities by the way
For both drums and melodies

Massey is pretty much unavailable these days.
He won't even sell a version. No idea why.