Beat Fixx - Natural Performance Enhancement For Drums

Really don't understand the Cubase bashing here... as if it's any less capable than PT...

~006

To be honest, I've never liked PT for editing, or MIDI. I use Cubase for all the tracking and editing side of things, and then.......................I'll normally wind up using it for mixing as well. But in the past I've only liked PT simply for mixing, but maybe I haven't spent enough time with it. But I agree with Mike, I don't think Cubase is any less capable than PT, Sonar, Logic, etc. Especially when it comes to editing and/or quantizing audio.

Really don't understand the Cubase bashing here... as if it's any less capable than PT...

~006

can you edit drums takes as fast as pt?
I mean if you're editing a drumtard (quote taken from Lasse ;) ) with beat detective is just faster than hell, you don't have to use scripts as cubase people do.
I think that this is just where PT is really really reaaly really really really really really really really really really superior.
That's it

I don't think Cubase is any less capable, it's just a lot different to use.
Cubase users generally don't use hotkeys at all.
Pro Tools users don't use the mouse hardly at all.

actually this has been bugging me, what's the command to start recording in Cubase?

* on the numpad by default, but the great thing about Cubase is you can make it whatever the fuck you want :)

I don't think Cubase is any less capable, it's just a lot different to use.
Cubase users generally don't use hotkeys at all.
Pro Tools users don't use the mouse hardly at all.

actually this has been bugging me, what's the command to start recording in Cubase?

Well to clarify: I'm not saying cubendo is inferior, I'm just saying that cubase lacks that beat detectvie functionality, for the rest if you're used to it then you don't have any problem with that software.
I bet a cubase user can go faster than hell with beat detective, way faster than cubase and tab to trasient or whatever it's called.

For me it's about an hour to do it in Cubase!! But I usually make like 3 sweeps so I'd say an hour and a half!

anyone who thinks Cubase is more capable editing audio than PT just hasn't ever used PT to any extensive degree. anyone who says Cubase is more capable editing MIDI than PT just hasn't used PT much lately.... starting with 7.3, PT really stepped up the MIDI side of things, and PT8 seems to be set to push it even further. PT is finally a serious midi platform, and it has always been THE standard setting editing platform.

I say: Who cares about DAW? Your man here offers a great/useful service, who cares HOW he does it, the only thing that matters is WHAT he does.

And to be honest, all DAWS are the fucking same. They all do the same shit, just some do somethings in a more arse ended way than others.

Cubase = Protools = Sonar = Reaper = Logic. Same shit, different packagings.

And also Windows = Mac.

EVERYTHING in audio production is essentially different ways to get to the same end product.

Stop arguing and support AGZ.

I'm using Logic 8 now but the tab to transient, the manual cut, the beat to map function (using the midi exported track from the audio track) are too much boring and slow....and if all the things work good..because if the program detect bad transient or the midi have some problem...addictional waste of time...
At least Sonar has Audiosnap and it's very good.

I'd like to use PT but if I buy PTLE I have a shitty expensive interface (compared with the others on the market) and an hard tracks limitation (and to have a little more tracks I should spend an addictional grand..and they'll keep being few for a big production)..
I'd like to use PTHD....but who can buy a system like that? Some grand for every single interface.....at the end you could buy a car with the same amount of money

P.S.
I'm not arguing :)

The only Daw that can compete with protools at quantizing audio is samplitude. Just as easy.
Now I'm an happy cubase user but I purshased an M-audio interface with PT and the producer pack just to be able to quantize my drums. What a fucking relief.
It's so much faster and efficient.
If only PT had a drum map style editing feature, I'd make the switch completely.

To clarify, AGZ and another user (or two) made the Cubase remarks. So...

PT will never have the drum editor. Nothing else matters.

~006

This board seems to be turning into a "shoot-down competition" where unless you're using mac and protools, anything you do gets rubbished by these elitists defending their overpriced purchases.

In the end, mac or windows, cubase or protools, it's all the same 1 and 0 guys...

This board is getting too up it's own arse for it's own good....