quantizing drums?

I used to track drums, transfer to midi, edit, then track cymbals separately over them. Works well for drummers that really just can not handle the click.

Lately I've only been recording tight drummers so I trigger the kit and record triggers, overheads, and hihat all at once, though I have yet to try to quantize them (I use cubase so it looks like quite a chore) so we'll see how that turns out..

BEAT DETECTIVE!!!!!!!!

You just gotta work at it. Make sure your using the multitrack version that comes with the music production toolkit?

Tab to transient, snip, quantize, crossfade.

I'm doing this in Logic, its not too bad of a method (but I'd probably do it twice as quick in protools).

Do you find it hard to get Logic to tell where the transient is? I just started using this method but the kick and snare hits often gets cut after the initial transient..
Is there a sensitivity slider somewhere I missed?

Nah, I wish there was a sensitivity. I normally use the trigger tracks as a guide, so its more accurate. Also sometimes if its in the wrong place, try tabbing to it in the opposite direction (i.e. go in front of it and tab back). Also sometimes the waveforms are a bit inconsistent visually, so sometimes its worth zooming in, as it may look wrong at one zoom level but in reality its fine.

Also, even if its not bang on the transient, as long as its close enough, thats normally fine for me as it should be really close to the beat anyway.

Nah, I wish there was a sensitivity. I normally use the trigger tracks as a guide, so its more accurate. Also sometimes if its in the wrong place, try tabbing to it in the opposite direction (i.e. go in front of it and tab back). Also sometimes the waveforms are a bit inconsistent visually, so sometimes its worth zooming in, as it may look wrong at one zoom level but in reality its fine.

Also, even if its not bang on the transient, as long as its close enough, thats normally fine for me as it should be really close to the beat anyway.

funnily enough, that same trick with forwad back abbing works in pro tools