Queen + Adam Lambert

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Awesome. Just dead damn friggin' awesome. Damn do I wish they would record some music and tour with him.

The entire 2 hr show from yesterday is up on Youtube :

Setlist:

01. Flash (intro)
02. Seven Seas Of Rhye
03. Keep Yourself Alive
04. We Will Rock You (Fast)
05. Fat Bottomed Girls
06. Don’t Stop Me Now
07. Under Pressure (Roger/Adam duet)
08. I Want It All
09. Who Wants To Live Forever
10. A Kind Of Magic (Roger)
11. These Are Days Of Our Lives (Roger)
12. Love Of My Life (Brian)
13. 39 (Brian)
14. Dragon Attack
15. Drum Battle / Guitar Solo
16. I Want To Break Free
17. Another One Bites The Dust
18. Radio Ga Ga
19. Somebody To Love
20. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
21. The Show Must Go On
22. Bohemian Rhapsody

Encore:

23. Tie Your Mother Down (Brian)
24. We Will Rock You
25. We Are The Champions

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been saying this for a while now....Lambert is one of THE BEST singers in pop/rock today. Hell, he may be one of the best singers I've ever heard...period. I saw him on his first solo tour, post Idol....truly amazing voice with unlimited range, and pretty much perfect pitch. I really hope Queen release a CD/DVD of their live stuff with Lambert.

I really hate adam lambert's singing, especially on his solo stuff. He sounds to plastic, not enough emotion for me.

Queen are my all-time favorite band, and I will take any incarnation of them that I can get. The whole "Queen +" idea is brilliant if you think about it.

I think Adam is a good singer and a unique frontman, and this video proves that.

However, after seeing the Queen Extravaganza tour last month, I can honestly say that Marc Martel should be fronting Queen. The guy is amazing and his abilities are uncanny. He can also play the instruments that Freddie used to play (piano and guitar). If you've seen the show, you know what I mean.

wow, terrible to my ears. His voice seems very thin, and it feels like he is singing to impress judges on AI still. He doesn't hold a candle to Freddy. George Michael did a way better job imo.

wow, terrible to my ears. His voice seems very thin, and it feels like he is singing to impress judges on AI still. He doesn't hold a candle to Freddy. George Michael did a way better job imo.

Who does hold a candle to Freddie? Also, he is performing for FAR MORE PEOPLE than an AI audience and when performing in front of that many people its about selling your performance so what may look silly on camera to us watching it now in hindsight is probably gets the fans in attendance pumped up.

Nice re-start for the band i think with someone as flamboyant as Freddie was.

I've been saying this for a while now....Lambert is one of THE BEST singers in pop/rock today. Hell, he may be one of the best singers I've ever heard...period. I saw him on his first solo tour, post Idol....truly amazing voice with unlimited range, and pretty much perfect pitch. I really hope Queen release a CD/DVD of their live stuff with Lambert.

Wow, I could not disagree more ...

His range isn't THAT impressive, his pitch is spotty (last live performance of his on AI was pretty sucky to say the least) and his own songs (or whoever writes them for him) are bland.
He made it to top 2 in a year with not many good AI performers.

Don't buy into the hype.

Wow, I could not disagree more ...

His range isn't THAT impressive, his pitch is spotty (last live performance of his on AI was pretty sucky to say the least) and his own songs (or whoever writes them for him) are bland.
He made it to top 2 in a year with not many good AI performers.

Don't buy into the hype.

His range isn't that impressive.....? Wha.....? I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Good call....damn...I'd love to see/hear that.

He's also in the Queen Extravaganza show and does an amazing job. I finally got to meet him and he is as cool as anybody I've ever met. The guy signed everything I put in front of him... Saigon Kick, Babylon AD, Talisman, Yngwie, Stryper, Rock Star, etc.

He would make a great singer for any band!

I prefer this guy, he has a strong voice, filled with emotion.
He's got some balls behind his voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIoTiogJhoI
I prefer this guy, he has a strong voice, filled with emotion.
He's got some balls behind his voice.

Agreed, he does have a better voice. Hell, even Marc Martel of the Queen Extravaganza would have been a better choice than Adam Lambert. I am not impressed with Adam's voice or tone. It's too flaky and thin. I much preferred the Queen Extravaganza, even though two of the four singers are only fair. But the other two, Marc and Jeff Scott Soto are incredible as are the other musicians. The touring Queen Extravaganza even surpasses the the first few years of the touring TSO west coast group.

I'll say the same thing I said when people were bitching about Nightwish choosing Anette Olzon as their singer, but with Queen in mind instead......it's just too bad that Brian May and Roger Taylor can't spot talented singers like most of the people who post on this site can. Time to call it a day, boys....you obviously don't know what you're doing anymore (BTW-HUGE sarcasm here).