Queens of the Stone Age

Yes, I picked up this album on the recommendation of a friend and I think it's an excellent album!! Definitely a refreshing listen compared to all influx of GARBAGE that makes up most of the music scene here:)

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
I've had the album for a while now and went to see them live afew weeks ago but Songs For The Deaf is shit compared to the previous two albums.

I'm goin' to go ahead and sort of ... disagree with you on that one. I think it's their best album yet.

Originally posted by Furious B
:rolleyes: What a compelling argument.

Indeed, makes it quite difficult to argue with such an intelligent person.

As far as Queens of the Stone Age goes I've been told by alot of people that the new album is good. The video they have on Mtv2 was not a bad song. Can someone give me a list of some songs to download before I go buy the album?

ps. Dave Grohl is a great drummer.

Originally posted by 5BillionDead
Indeed, makes it quite difficult to argue with such an intelligent person.

As far as Queens of the Stone Age goes I've been told by alot of people that the new album is good. The video they have on Mtv2 was not a bad song. Can someone give me a list of some songs to download before I go buy the album?

ps. Dave Grohl is a great drummer.

You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionare
First it giveth
Six Shooter
The Sky is fallin'

They are all good though!

songs for the deaf isn't as good as the previous too- Rated R is an incredible album and the first album does have great guitar work- just listen to 'If only'. Also i reckon Dave Grohl is a great drummer but doesn't make songs for the deaf any better than it would have been with another drummer

Uggghh....what's with this band. They get so big, yet they are so pitifully bad....

To quote a member from www.allrpg.com....

"The reason for the fuss is this, for the first time since well the grunge explosion, a group of bands are once again rocking out and not a) over doing the angst, b) over indulging, or c) ripping each other off. That's what has a few people excited"

Yeah, this may be new to people who listen to nothing but what is on TRL but to people who listen to real music, a variety of it, this is nothing new and one can easily see how simplistic their songs are. Simplistic in a bad, monotonous, unskillfull way.