Queensryche Album Teaser

. That said, I'll let the final product speak for itself.

Zod does not tolerate mediocre releases.

zod_header.png

Savatage lost Criss Oliva, and Jon Oliva and still managed to forge ahead until O'Neil unleashed TSO. How many hated those post Oliva albums? (Yes I know Jon contributed to *some* of the songwriting later on)

Band members come and go it's part of the business.

So, in essence then...Paul Di'Anno and Dennis Stratton left IRON MAIDEN. Therefore, IM shouldn't exist anymore? When OZZY OSBOURNE was shitcanned from BLACK SABBATH, he should have been able to keep the SABBATH name? DLR left VAN HALEN. He should have the right to keep the VH moniker? After all, he was there from the beginning and built the "brand".

Wow, ashaman7122!

Do you mean to tell me that Billy Idol wasn't a popular artist at the time that Judas Priest released Turbo? When was the last time that a Gold debut album and a 2X Platinum sophomore release was considered a failure? Billy Idol was a household name in 1986, which was the year that Judas Priest released Turbo. Oddly enough, the album's sound bore quite a resemblance to what you would have heard on Billy Idol's Rebel Yell album.

Secondly, are you kidding me when it comes to Megadeth? They were well on their way to stardom by the early 90s. The trio of So Far, So Good...So What!, Rust In Peace, and Countdown To Extinction are considered the albums of their heyday. Guess what came out smack dab in the middle of that era, bearing a strong resemblance to that same guitar-driven thrash style? Painkiller!

Moving on to Demolition, if you read my post again, you'll notice that I didn't say that the album was an improvement following Jugulator. I simply stated that it was their attempt to make peace with the old school fans who hated Jugulator. I think Demolition was their weakest album ever. In fact, I was hoping they would have stuck with the style they had on Jugulator.

Also, if Nostradamus isn't a European power metal influenced album, then Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, and Blind Guardian don't play European power metal. I'm pretty sure that Halford, Tipton, and Downing didn't just think up the idea to play with such huge orchestrations and choirs all by themselves!

Finally, I won't argue too much about Ram It Down. I just think it's a uniquely "Priest" album. I hope this all makes as much sense to you as it does to me.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

financially capitalize on the Queensryche brand. A brand built almost completely by two guys no longer in the band.
Maybe because they want to keep feeding their families? All those guys are pushing 50, I bet the idea of starting a new band and having it become their main source of income is extremely daunting, maybe not even realistic for them at this stage in their life. I realize all the 'Ryche guys have other sources of income they work on, but I'm willing to bet that playing in Queensryche is what really brings in the bread. Besides, there's still three original members left.

Every single one of those dudes worked their asses off to get where they are, regardless of whose name shows up in the credits of your favorite songs. Let 'em take do their thing, don't like it, don't listen to it.

The preview was OK for what it was. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

I agree; it was short and not much to go on. If I had heard a snippet like that of the last Crimson Glory I might have thought it would have been good, that is until I heard the whole thing.
What is up with that skull logo, lookls like they lifted it off of a shirt in Wal-Mart- Justin I know you were thinking the same thing. Well Affliction is cool gear for middle-aged men I guess.

What is up with that skull logo, lookls like they lifted it off of a shirt in Wal-Mart- Justin I know you were thinking the same thing. Well Affliction is cool gear for middle-aged men I guess.

I agree the logo and skull Ryche are a little cheesy looking, i'm sure that's just something to use for now until they finish the artwork for the new album

Wow, ashaman7122!

Do you mean to tell me that Billy Idol wasn't a popular artist at the time that Judas Priest released Turbo? When was the last time that a Gold debut album and a 2X Platinum sophomore release was considered a failure? Billy Idol was a household name in 1986, which was the year that Judas Priest released Turbo. Oddly enough, the album's sound bore quite a resemblance to what you would have heard on Billy Idol's Rebel Yell album.

Secondly, are you kidding me when it comes to Megadeth? They were well on their way to stardom by the early 90s. The trio of So Far, So Good...So What!, Rust In Peace, and Countdown To Extinction are considered the albums of their heyday. Guess what came out smack dab in the middle of that era, bearing a strong resemblance to that same guitar-driven thrash style? Painkiller!

Moving on to Demolition, if you read my post again, you'll notice that I didn't say that the album was an improvement following Jugulator. I simply stated that it was their attempt to make peace with the old school fans who hated Jugulator. I think Demolition was their weakest album ever. In fact, I was hoping they would have stuck with the style they had on Jugulator.

Also, if Nostradamus isn't a European power metal influenced album, then Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, and Blind Guardian don't play European power metal. I'm pretty sure that Halford, Tipton, and Downing didn't just think up the idea to play with such huge orchestrations and choirs all by themselves!

Finally, I won't argue too much about Ram It Down. I just think it's a uniquely "Priest" album. I hope this all makes as much sense to you as it does to me.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I just thought the comparisons were a bit left field, that's all. It just sounded really funny to me, but that's probably not what you were wanting to hear.

I remember how popular Billy Idol was. Wouldn't call him a household name. The term "craze" is a bit much, I think. Not really the point, though, my difficulty lay in playing Turbo, and thinking, "Wow, these guys are really trying to cash in on the Billy Idol craze."

I also didn't think of Megadeth when I heard Painkiller, either. And I certainly didn't think of 'Ween, Ray, Guardian, or Strato when I heard Nostradamus either. Mostly I heard annoying sounds from the voices in my head, and it subsequently got buried in the collection. But now...thanks to you...I'll have to dig it out and spin it with fresh ears.

Priest has always been Priest to my ears, even with the changes of ferocity, tone, song-structure, and guitar-synths.

Guitar-synths...what a trip that was!

Rock on!