Question about Brave Murder Day

Skuggefall

Slowdiver
Jan 9, 2012
Bergen, Norway
I'm going to buy BMD on CD (and hopefully vinyl one day), however I'm unsure which version to pick, with the remaster and all. Does the digipack version that Peaceville offers have better sound than the other versions, or visa versa?

If the digipack does sound better I'll go for it, but I prefer the purple cover over the inverted color one, and I'm not a fan of digipackages. What do you think? It's nitpicking for a cd buy, but still...

Ps. Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread.

Looking at wikipedia now it seems there are two other reissues too...I guess that's where my confusion comes from! I guess it must all be good as long as it has Sound of Decay as bonus tracks.

Anyway, cheers man.

I still need the hear the original version (colder, less bassy sound would suit it better IMO)... although some versions come with For Funerals to Come tacked onto the end instead, Sounds of Decay makes more sense

I would go for the remastered one, because the original pressing wasn't mastered at all!

I guess I could go ahead and add BRAVE MURDER DAY to my Katatonia collection since there isn't nothing else I am waiting for to appear on a future re-release. So is the version with the normal purple cover (with bonus tracks 'Funeral Wedding', 'Shades Of Emerald Fields', 'For Funerals To Come' and 'Epistel') the remastered version, or would I have to get the one with the inverted white-ish cover?