Question about DDrum Triggers

TheFireball

New Metal Member
Mar 8, 2011
Hey what's up?

I have a question about the DDrum Triggers.
What is the difference between the Acoustic Pro and the Redshot ones?
The first ones is double the price of the Redshot but why?

Also these are velocity triggers that I can hook on my interface's line in, right?

Have a nice day :)

It's a major pain in the ass to mount and remove the redshots.

Other than that ddrum triggers are crap quality, I recommend roland. My kick trigger is nearing it's 4-th year of operation and still working fine

Other than that ddrum triggers are crap quality, I recommend roland. My kick trigger is nearing it's 4-th year of operation and still working fine

Hey xFkx,

What problems do they have with the mounting?
What exactly do you mean by saying "crap quality"?

Don't they pick the hits or velocity well?

Thank you mickrich but the Roland triggers are like 3 times the Ddrum. :/

Now I'm confused lol. What if I get some cheap microphones and trigger them?

you can do that if you are on a serious budget but it is significantly more of a pain in the ass

[UEAK]Clowd;9703670 said:
you can do that if you are on a serious budget but it is significantly more of a pain in the ass

Yes it will be but at least I will have some more microphones in my studio lol ;)

I'm mixing a band, triggering kick/snare from real mics and it works pretty good.

Hey xFkx,

What problems do they have with the mounting?
What exactly do you mean by saying "crap quality"?

Don't they pick the hits or velocity well?

The pro's mount on the rim of the drum, you just tighten them up using a drum key. Whereas the redshots mount on the drums tension rod. So you have to detune the drum and remove the tension rod to get them on and off.

The ddrums are great when they work, but after a while the piezo trigger breaks and you have to repair or replace it. Pain in the arse when they break in the middle of a session.

The Roland triggers are really good. Personally I'm using the Drumdial triggers (look for them on ebay) mounted onto my old broken redshots. Works really well.

+1 to the rolands they may be alot more money but when you factor in the frustration and the constant amount of d-drum triggers your going to end up going through you'd just be better off getting the rolands. They're amazing.

OK, thanks everyone.

I will use microphones for now and when I will make profit from my studio I will get some Roland triggers ;)