Question about Israeli army

Steven

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
Don't worry, it's not a question about politics or religion. :p
Only this: I have seen many Israeli metal-men with long hair. And every man in the country must serve in the reserves, right? Does this mean that the Israeli army allows long hair?
If so, that is the coolest military in the world! :D

^ NO.

sadly, since the service in israel is mandatory, every 18 years old person has to join to the military (i was there too) the mandatory service requires the guys to cut their hair.
They serve for 3 years, after those 3 years they belong to the reserves-forces, like you said, However, they don’t have to cut their hair anymore. Its only for those 3 years. Assuming you will not become an officer and have a military career.

Luckily, girls don’t need to cut their hair, so when I was a soldier in the IDF I kept my long hair :D

Btw, the military in Holland, few years back allowed men to serve with long hair……….
But as I said to my dutch friends: “yeah but you don’t fight anybody….who cares?”

There are some cases in which men are allowed to serve with long hair, most of them are mental excuses, and some are skin problems.

I heard of one guy who`s ears were twisted and tuny, so they let him grow hair in order to hide the shame...

I also had a soldier at my base who had (still have, i believe) scars on his head from a really nasty car-accident.
so he wansn't have to cut his hair.

wait.

DEAD LIONESS???

IgiBoo?
IgiIgiBooBoo?

WWWWWAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP?!

*put's his head....*

RaphistO said:
I also had a soldier at my base who had (still have, i believe) scars on his head from a really nasty car-accident.
so he wansn't have to cut his hair.

wait.

DEAD LIONESS???

IgiBoo?
IgiIgiBooBoo?

WWWWWAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP?!

*put's his head....*

OH my GOAT!!!!!!!
its IGIBOOBOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my sweet Raphish!!!!!

*runs and hugs*

sweetheart!!!! :Spin:

*puts her head on your shoulder*