question about playing silhouette on piano

Sexi Alexi 94

Oct 10, 2006
is it considered a very advanced and difficult piece to play on piano? because im thinking of maybe starting to play piano and taht is one of my favorite songs ive ever heard on piano, and would like to hopefully play it someday :loco:

so i was wondering is it considered very hard to play or is it more of medium skills to play? thanks! :)

also one more thing, who played it on the orchid cd because i thought per just joined the band recently? :confused:

I havent played piano in a looong time. But from the sounds of it, its not for beginners, but is definately not unachievable. So an intermediate skill is probably the best I could describe it as.

It was played by their old drummer, not Per.

I've been playing 4 years, and because i am shit, i still cannot play it all. Most DEFINETLY not for a beginner, so don't even try, you have to do excercises for a long time to skill your fingers to play that fast. I would say a Grade 6 or above, this would be a somewhat achievable piece.

Edit: although Silhouette is a beautiful piece, try other stuff like what i first started out with, Beethoven's Sonata in C Sharp Minor and some of Brahms stuff.

I have only very recently begun to play piano, but I have to disagree with part of the previous comment. If you already play an electric guitar, your fingers will already be strong enough to play very fast on a piano. What you have to work on is coordination, obviously, especially playing with 2 hands (which doesn't happen on a guitar, unless of course if you count tapping). If you work a lot with computers (keyboard) you will also already have a lot of that coordination.

i'm sorry but i missed the part where the first post said i play the electric guitar fluently. I was directing it to him/her in general, not to everybody, as he/she specifically asked the question. It is obvious that playing guitar will help alot with playing piano, heck i started playing guitar after i started the piano, and it helps alot. And no, i type very fast and i've been using computers for years, it won't make a difference to the way you play keyboards, at least to me it didn't.

Even if you did play guitar, it would still take a while to learn how to transfer the fast playing from the fretboard to the keyboard. And both hands are playing at a considerably fast pace, as opposed to the guitar, where one hand would be playing fast and the other picking. They're 2 very different instruments, yet they are very alike.

^Ah sorry, my mistake(n assumption). In that case, I didn't really disagree with your comment, but rather just added an observation of mine to it. As for the typing, maybe I'm wrong about that too, it's just that I've made great progress on the piano in very short time, while only playing a few hours during weekends and holidays, and don't know any other explanation than my frequent computer keyboard usage combined with my electric guitar experience (I am very sure the latter is a big help though).

Way to take me too seriously.

If i ever have time, I may try my hand at figuring Silhouette out. But not before this summer.