question about remasters...

totters_yard

New Metal Member
May 31, 2005
I was wondering if someone could tell me something about the Beyond Records remasters that came out a few years ago: are they censored? I know "Return of the Killer A's" and "Volume 8" both had words that were "bleeped," but what about, say, the "Stomp 442" re-release with the extra tracks?

Thanks all.

I can tell you that my copy of the extended version Vol 8 is NOT censored! My original copy was censored on the song P&V.

I have the remastered Stomp 442, and I don't believe it was censored, that I can remember.

Oh, and the cover tune "Celebrated Summer" fucking rocks. Totally out in left field for a band like Anthrax, but it rules. \m/

I'm pretty sure the Beyond reissues weren't censored. I replaced my Elektra Stomp with the Beyond Stomp and nothing seems different; in fact, "remastering" it didn't change the sound much at all. I love Grunt and Click and Duh-throned Em-puh-ror; it's worth it for the extras. I've never got around to getting SOWN. Vol. 8 has been reissued by Sanctuary. I believe Beyond has also gone the way of Ignition.