Latest Sales Number for Anthrax

SpiderDan13 said:
SoundScan numbers do not reflect the number of units sold before 1991.

The band's commercial peak was in 1991.

S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die has gone platinum - if you look around hard enough, you'll find the platinum edition of that CD released by Megaforce.

MetalThrasher442 said:
Wow. I've never really thought about how many albums Anthrax has sold. I thought Among the Living sold a little more.

It sold a shit-ton more, b/c:

SpiderDan13 said:
SoundScan numbers do not reflect the number of units sold before 1991.

Among is certified platinum, which is over 1 million sales in the U.S., if you didn't know that.

Mr. Wu said:
Among, State and POT are all past gold. I'm The Man is platinum (all U.S.). They sold the bulk of their copies pre Sound Scan. Fistful, Armed and STD have also sold way more than those figures. STD sold that many in 1986. Currently we're right around 10 million worldwide in total.

ATL isn't platinum? I could've sworn that it was. Hmph. Hell, I'm on my 3rd copy. :D

Bump.

I think I saw somewhere recently that Worship Music has sold 110,000 copies in the US.

Those numbers are not absolute considering it doesn't even have the platinum numbers form their earlier releases. it looks more like a snapshot of some of the sales, but not total from the original release dates through now.

Those numbers are not absolute considering it doesn't even have the platinum numbers form their earlier releases. it looks more like a snapshot of some of the sales, but not total from the original release dates through now.

It was already noted that the numbers in the first post (which was made 8 years ago) where post soundscan and don't include the figures from before 1991.