So much for a new Anthrax record this Year

I hope they record all the shows they do downunder and release them as (double) live CD...new stuff would be a good bonus...

T:)

They're only doing an hour set at Soundwave and no side shows so it's not going to give much opportunity for live recordings unfortunately. And yes I'd love some new stuff but don't expect it. My bet is on a very similar set to what they did at Sonisphere last year.

They're only doing an hour set at Soundwave and no side shows so it's not going to give much opportunity for live recordings unfortunately. And yes I'd love some new stuff but don't expect it. My bet is on a very similar set to what they did at Sonisphere last year.
1 hour sets pretty cool,i aint going to soundwave though,i got fnm tickets for thereheadline gig,not worth it just to c anthrax unfortunatly,enjoy!

1 Hour...plus a handful different songs every night and we have a live album...and in addition to that some new stuff...

T:)

...it could simply mean re-writing all of the lyrics and vocal melodies. The riffs and song structures that are already recorded and mixed still might be something they'll keep. Surely Dan Nelson did not write the guitar riffs.

this exactly. I don't think they'd re-write and thus actually record a 'second' album this time. Hopefully just a few adjustments vocally and nothing more so they can release the album a.s.a.p.

this exactly. I don't think they'd re-write and thus actually record a 'second' album this time. Hopefully just a few adjustments vocally and nothing more so they can release the album a.s.a.p.

Charlie did state that some of the tunes brought up bad memories. I'm sure those must be the songs the played live with Nelson. Don't count on the record staying the same and simply re- recording vocals. I'm sure things will be different. Scott also stated the possibility of playing some new tunes live thus they must be working on new music.

It took two years for the follow up to SOWN, three years for the follow up to Stomp and five for V8. Time got the time tick tick ticking in my head.

Man oh man it takes loads of patience to be an Anthrax fan.

I was at this trendy new bistro in DC the other day and they played Anti-social. Although it wasn't Anthrax's version. Everything in this place was French. The food, music, drink and waitresses.

What a joke.. I feel bad for die hard Anthrax fans.... Or singers for this band for that matter..

With all this wasted time they could have atleast recorded one reunion album with Joey.

Frankie in today's local paper said the following `... we are recording the new album and we are working with John Bush.'

Straight from the horses mouth though Scott's previous comments would seem nothing is concrete.

I Wonder when and if we'll really know what happened with Dan Nelson. No offense to him. My theory is that he couldn't handle the rigors of the road mentally and/or physically. And then he developed a serious case of LSD.

I Wonder when and if we'll really know what happened with Dan Nelson. No offense to him. My theory is that he couldn't handle the rigors of the road mentally and/or physically. And then he developed a serious case of LSD.

agreed,his attitude quickly changed once they hit the road,some people just arent cut out for the touring life.

Personally I think he just hit the bottle too hard on the road. Watched the Pantera home videos one too many times and assumed that's what everyone does.

It happened to a good friend of mine as well - played drums on the first two albums of a certain famous guitarist's band - drank way too much and the road got the best of him and he got sacked. And videos of Dan Nelson in interviews right before they kicked him out really reminded me of him. I could be way wrong though.

But when you get a relatively new guy who hasnt done a lot of touring, they get the invincibility complex and start drinking themselves to death. And I can imagine it got really annoying and embarrassing. That one interview where Dan and Charlie are being interviewed, you can literally see the embarrassment on Charlie's face. Dan was wasted.