Question about speaker cabinets....

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
I'm using either Carvin Legacy 4x12 cabs (v30's) or Peavey Ultra 4x12 (some type of Sheffields, I think), and they both utilize the steel grate covering instead of the cloth speaker covers like Marshall does....

My main concern is whether I should be removing this to record as the solid metal grating could be interfering with recording? Anyone thought about this?

I'm not sure, i mean i guess the steel grill will obviously not let the sound through as much as the cloth grills, but if it sounds good in the room with the grill on, then i guess it would be ok to leave it on for recording also.

sorry to be hijacking threads, but does anyone know of anywhere that does custom tolex for speaker cabs, i want a camo design done on mine similar to what anthrax had on the madhouse video i think it was???

I'm not sure on the tolex, but I happen to enjoy Avatar Cabs. Great custom setups, great quality cabs, low price. My other guitarist has one and I wanna get one ><

Too bad I'm poor ha.
http://www.avatarspeakers.com

I'd like to know someones thoughts on these if they've had a chance to work with them.

The metal grate thing makes me curious for recording as well though...I may have to take it off....but how do you know how close to get the mic...dammit.

cobhc said:
i could get the money for one, but they dont ship out of the us :(

They have dealers in Canada, Australia and Holland if you live in any of those.

Never used Avatar but I've heard good things from guitar players, but nothing from engineers yet.

lol, ok will do dude, i need to ditch my fucking marshall cab, gonna sell it and buy an avatar one if they come back with a decent price!

isn't the one with the black grill just sexy? My other guitarist has that one.

I plan on getting a 4X12 with 2 V30s up top, and 2 G12H30s on the bottom.

I figure that'd a great mix. Your V30s for some great midrange and some highs, and the G12s for some Midrange and great low end.

Glad I could help you out and link you up lol.

I know some peeps sell those cabs on ebay. Problem is, you can't customize of course. Oh, and buy your own castors for the cab...I don't know how good theirs are, but you can get some for cheaper and some great quality!

The guys that own it have great customer support as well. They e.mail back fairly fast and its THEM, the owners. Really cool. If you're unsure of what to get, they can suggest things as well. Tell them your budget and stuff. They wont screw you.

sorry to interupt

i'm going to buy a recto cab for my recto and it just sucks to have to carry
this fuckin 4x12 at every gig so can someone tell me if the 2x12 recto are
enough responding or if i absolutaly got to own a 4x12

djairouks said:
sorry to interupt

i'm going to buy a recto cab for my recto and it just sucks to have to carry
this fuckin 4x12 at every gig so can someone tell me if the 2x12 recto are
enough responding or if i absolutaly got to own a 4x12

At one point I owned a 2x12 recto cab and a 4x12 recto cab. The 2x12 never left the house until the day it was sold.