Question about Still Life

Whoa, check it out: Whoever wrote the wikipedia article on Still Life agrees with my interpretation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Still_Life_(Opeth_album)

while that is entirely plausible, it doesnt necessarily constitute the harshness of the penalty for her infidelity. Seeing as this isnt a modern tale, infidelity could possibly met with death either way. and a religiously centered town could inevitably drive the line 'harlot of god'....unfaithful to her true love (in the narrators eyes) yet still religious, blah blahbblah.

I do think the nun thing is a good interpretation though, probably correct...just had to throw in my two cents. I mean, think about it, mike says that shes remarried. Nuns generally dont (arent allowed) marry....

I do think the nun thing is a good interpretation though, probably correct...just had to throw in my two cents. I mean, think about it, mike says that shes remarried. Nuns generally dont (arent allowed) marry....

It is probably right that Mikael intended listeners to assume Melinda was married. I just thought this was an interesting twist on the story, and maybe he meant to leave it ambiguous.