question about taxi cabs in atlanta

deathfalls

Jan 7, 2002
Louisiana, USA
Visit site
since marta closes before progpower would be done for the night, i have questions concerning getting a taxi. i've never used a taxi before, are they around that area, or do i have to call 'em? also, does anybody have an idea of how much fare would be for under 3 miles? thanks...

Ahhhh ha!!! Something I can speak on!!! All I have to say is watch out for the rastfarian cabbies. I got taken for a ride, which ended up costing almost $100.00 I almost had to kick some ass on that one. Albiet I was a bit buzzed at the time, still all I have to say is beware
dozey.gif

Bear

Hey. I took a taxi both nights at pp3, which wasnt too bad but I think they got some extra cash out of me 2. Not to mention I walked about a mile at 2 am in Atlanta looking for a damn cab. At pp4 I got smart and rented a car, much easier

deathfalls said:
since marta closes before progpower would be done for the night, i have questions concerning getting a taxi. i've never used a taxi before, are they around that area, or do i have to call 'em? also, does anybody have an idea of how much fare would be for under 3 miles? thanks...
I've never actually had a problem catching a cab outside of Earthlink after any show (including ProgPower). A trip of 3 miles should be in the neighborhood of $7 (just make sure they're going to give you the meter, instead of a flat fare). Sometimes they will ask you if you want a flat fare or the meter, so if the quoted flat fare is more than $7, tell the cabbie you will take your chances. If you are traveling with a companion, they will typically charge $1 extra per person, so a trip of under 3 miles for two people would be about $8.

You might want to print MapQuest directions from the venue to your hotel ahead of time; that way you'll at least know the mileage, plus you'll know if the cabbie seems to be going an unusual route, etc.

Rates for Checker Cab run $2 for the first 1/7th of a mile, $0.25 for each additional 1/7th of a mile; other companies (Buckhead Safety, Atlanta Lenox, etc.) are typically a little cheaper than Checker. However, Checker is the only phone number I have memorized...404-351-1111

yes please doublecheck before you hop int he cab, at least ask the hotel desk about how close it is as well. We took taxis to Hooters, Hard Rock & the Cheetah last year and we only had words with on cabbie. Nothing should cost you more than $10 for that radius, it didn't for us.

...I could offer my taxi services... heh heh.

I'm always the bus driver/taxi driver for all our concerts here in Detroit. So maybe as long as I know where your hotel is, or you are sober enough to tell me where it is, I can snag two or three desperate souls on the way out. Just grab my hair and say "DRIVE ME HOME BITCH!" and I'll be happy to accomodate.

Bear said:
Ahhhh ha!!! Something I can speak on!!! All I have to say is watch out for the rastfarian cabbies. I got taken for a ride, which ended up costing almost $100.00 I almost had to kick some ass on that one. Albiet I was a bit buzzed at the time, still all I have to say is beware
dozey.gif

Bear
That's crazy!!! I had a similar experience back at PP 2 when the fuckin asshole drove me and my friend all over the damn place when I was told that the place we were going was ten minutes away from the Granada. After 20 minutes, I told the prick to pull over and I gave him 1/2 of what the meter stated at the time. I still got screwed as he left us in the middle of no where and we ended up having to take the Marta back. They are real assholes over there, so beware!

I've learned before when you take a cab always know where your going and about how much it will cost...otherwise you might get screwed. Having a map printed out by mapquest is always a good idea. Thanks!!!!!

Bryan316 said:
...I could offer my taxi services... heh heh.

I'm always the bus driver/taxi driver for all our concerts here in Detroit. So maybe as long as I know where your hotel is, or you are sober enough to tell me where it is, I can snag two or three desperate souls on the way out. Just grab my hair and say "DRIVE ME HOME BITCH!" and I'll be happy to accomodate.

I'll be needing a ride back to GA Tech. The campus is only one mile from Earthlink, I just don't feel safe walking that by myself at night.