Amorphis in Atlanta

Barking Pumpkin said:
Okay, that makes sense, thanks. Where is the porch you were talking about? Do you get to it from heaven? I've never really looked around much.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. The outdoor deck in back is accessed through Purgatory (i.e., the bar to the left when you enter the club on the ground floor). Just past the bar along the back wall is the door leading to the deck. It isn't always open for shows, just as Purgatory isn't always open either. There's probably some deep moral comment there, but I'm too tired to give it much thought. :)

Toward the bottom of this set of pics -- http://66.193.230.227/~paulcas/egostatc/ -- are a few pics that were taken on the back patio (of my friends in Bella Morte; they were doing a photo-shoot of their 'ink' for Prick magazine). Unfortunately you can't see as much of the actual wooden deck as I thought, but it's a lot bigger than the pics imply. I'd forgotten that the wall (in the back of the pics) was made of the original stone, like much of the rest of the venue. There are some gates in the back of the patio that may lead to the "Music Park" in back. It's been a while since the Masquerade hosted an outdoor show back there!

(As an aside for Freakchylde and MetalRose, if you go 'up' from that gallery you'll find pics of another band you like. :tickled: )

Oh, to the person who mentioned that the back stairs were closed.....no, they're not closed. They had to repair/replace them after they collapsed, though. On most nights they can still be used to access the bathrooms 'behind' Hell. (Whew. Good thing. Those are the semi-secret bathrooms and the best in the place, excepting possibly the backstage bathroom/shower.)

Okay, so anyone have the date for the Atlanta Amorphis/IE/BtE gig? I will probably go to that show, though I'm not really a fan of either band. Someone alert 1metal1! I'm supporting metal locally! Egad! :)

Anyway, TM has them going from VA to FL. :/ Hopefully someone here has some better info.

Shaye

lady_space said:
Okay, so anyone have the date for the Atlanta Amorphis/IE/BtE gig? I will probably go to that show, though I'm not really a fan of either band. Someone alert 1metal1! I'm supporting metal locally! Egad! :)

Anyway, TM has them going from VA to FL. :/ Hopefully someone here has some better info.

Shaye

The Amorphis site and pollstar.com has this gig scheduled on March 25. I hope to be meeting some folks from here that night if all goes as scheduled. That is a Friday night.

For anybody interested in this gig, the tix went on sale yesterday morning. I am planning on checking this one out if all goes as planned. Maybe there will be a decent crowd that night, being on a Friday and all.