Question about The Gathering

capeda

Eric the Halibut
Mar 18, 2002
Riverside, California
Visit site
Hey Steve, on the Testament album, The Gathering, what are your strings tuned to? I've been teaching myself some old Testament songs today and I'm pretty sure DNR isn't standard (duh). Thanks in advance.

I've got a bass tab for Down For Life, and it says it's tuned in C#...

C#, F#, B, E...

And it sounds pretty good...

hahahahahahahahahah :lol:

It's the same ... but the correct way is like Steve says Db ,not C#.

Exactly the same with the Eb , not D# ... I mean you have a regular tuned guitar(or bass) and you tune it lower ,so you're using "b" ,not "#" . :D

Hey dude!!!

Do you have a tab for DNR?? For bass or guitar?? That would be great!! Anyone else here have it??

BTW, Steve, please say Eric for, in the next album whatever band it is, getting the bass much louder than in The Gathering, it almost can't be heard!!! :D

And, Steve, did you play all that crazy that you played in Dynamo in the album?? I don't think so, am I right??

Originally posted by israel
Hey dude!!!

Do you have a tab for DNR?? For bass or guitar?? That would be great!! Anyone else here have it??

BTW, Steve, please say Eric for, in the next album whatever band it is, getting the bass much louder than in The Gathering, it almost can't be heard!!! :D

And, Steve, did you play all that crazy that you played in Dynamo in the album?? I don't think so, am I right??

I'm tabbing DNR ... Ihave corrected all the riffs of the existing tab but I can't figure the mid section riff 100% correct :(

As for The Gathering I think that the things are fixed with First Strike Still Deadly production ... the bass is much louder than in The Gathering

BTW...I always wanted to ask Steve if he played the mid section fill in DNR in the album recordings too ...it's fucking amazing !!!!