Question about the new album mastering

PlasmaShock

Mar 3, 2010
Is the new album going to be brickwalled/over-compressed and maximized? I love all of the Jag Panzer albums but the later ones cause ear fatigue especially when listening with a revealing pair of monitor/studio headphones and I would be disappointed if the newest one suffers the same fate. Great albums should be listened to in full and sadly the loudness war crap is preventing that.

Is the new album going to be brickwalled/over-compressed and maximized? I love all of the Jag Panzer albums but the later ones cause ear fatigue especially when listening with a revealing pair of monitor/studio headphones and I would be disappointed if the newest one suffers the same fate. Great albums should be listened to in full and sadly the loudness war crap is preventing that.

We had Scourge Of The Light mastered at Sterling Sound and it turned out awesome, without all of the over-compression and bordering on distorted levels. Really tight lows and sparkling highs! Sterling made all of the difference and it was well worth the investment.We hope you'll agree! Stay in touch and thanks for your message!

Thanks for the great news! Can't wait for the album too \m/

As long as one of those pesky spies from the label doesn't sneak in and change the volume levels, I don't need to worry anymore lol.

Thanks for the great news! Can't wait for the album too m/

As long as one of those pesky spies from the label doesn't sneak in and change the volume levels, I don't need to worry anymore lol.

lol! Let's keep our fingers crossed! Thanks again, and have a great week!

I picked up this CD last week and found that the audio is heavily compressed just as the OP said. Did any of you guys get a chance to speak with the mastering engineer about this?

We are not the same person. It seems like he's another fanatic posting about mastering, which is fine because I hate the whole loudness war trend too. As for myself, unfortunately I don't get to post on forums as much as I'd like because I have other things in life to worry about. So no, I don't live for complaining about mastering. Is it something that bothers me? Yes, but I can live with the mastering on SoL because I love the sound of the snare this time.