Question for all you bassists...

Thorn23TX

Marked By The Triangle
Jun 16, 2005
Dallas
So, is anyone familiar with Schecter basses, specifically the model known as the "Devil Tribal" bass as pictured in this eBay auction?

There is one in a local pawn shop close to my office and in person it looks like a nice bass, but I wonder if anyone out there has actually played it or knows anything about it. The Schecter website doesn't have any information on it, so I assume it's a discontinued model - just wondering if it's a piece of crap or not.

Thanks!

if their basses are anything like their guitars, they've been totally awesome for the money the last couple years...not so familiar with their stuff from 2002 or so and earlier...basically whenever they went from the hideously ugly older headstock to the one they use now.

Well I own a Schecter guitar (C-1 Plus), and its quite nice.

I played a Schecter bass the other day at Guitar Center and for the price it also has some great tone, and feels nice to play. The strings are fairly close together, which I liked since it made it feel more natural to play.

As for the Devil Tribal bass well that's just the design. The model is a diamond series, and that's what I played.

Here are some reviews: http://www.activebass.com/resources/revmain.asp?i=3823

Looks like a good price right now!

Thanks for the guys...

I hadn't seen that reveiw Cheiron, but I got a chuckle out of the retail price was listed to be $666 in 2002. Seems like Schecter has a sense of humor. :lol: