Question about bass weights...

Grimmar

Thunderer
Apr 11, 2002
Barcelona, Spain
remains.ufoworks.com
Hello all there!
Just wondering about the weight your basses have (non bassist people can answer too :loco: ) ...
I have just recieved a custom bass I ordered but now i think that better I have choosen another wood than mahogany...it weights 4 Kg and when i move round the stage it leaves my back crushed... :erk:
Anyone with the same problem? i have seen a type of strap that is crossed in the chest and theorically it makes less weary to carry the intrument...but don´t know what to do...

4Kg? Man, I have a Cort C5 in basswood and it weights about 6Kg I guess. Luckily enough I don´t have to move that much. I´m planning to grow a belly, so I can use it like a support or something.

HippieOfDoom said:
Grow stronger...!!!

I´ll start my Bass Lifting program NOW! :yell: thanks for the tip hippie :p

Higon said:
4Kg? Man, I have a Cort C5 in basswood and it weights about 6Kg I guess. Luckily enough I don´t have to move that much. I´m planning to grow a belly, so I can use it like a support or something.

wow...what a heavy bass... 6 kg it´s too much for me when i´m bouncing in the stage, all people say "wow man...this bass is SO heavy" but if they see your bass they´ll get stunned for sure o_O

PS: Why a belly? a good strap is cheaper...but not so fun to obtain :p

Grimmar said:
Hello all there!
Just wondering about the weight your basses have (non bassist people can answer too :loco: ) ...
I have just recieved a custom bass I ordered but now i think that better I have choosen another wood than mahogany...it weights 4 Kg and when i move round the stage it leaves my back crushed... :erk:
Anyone with the same problem? i have seen a type of strap that is crossed in the chest and theorically it makes less weary to carry the intrument...but don´t know what to do...

My bass weight 4 or 5 kg. Few years ago I have played on bass, whitch weight was 12 kg :)

do you want to play with feather ??? GOD DAMN THIS IS HEAVY METAL MAN>>>

I got a Fender Jazz, I'm not sure exactly how much it weighs...4 kg sounds right I guess... my old Rogue (cheapest retail bass on musicansfriend) weighed like half a pound, so I'm adjusting.