Question for Andy, what Engl amp did Arch Enemy use on Wages of Sin?

Mark_Palangio said:
I'm not a big Mesa fan, I like their cabs, but not the heads so much. The Recto's aren't tight enough for me, and the Mark series just aren't my thing. They're overpriced too IMO, you can get way better for the price of a Triple Recto.

like what amp then ?

I think the Recto's are exceptionally tight amps if you EQ them properly. Granted, I prefer the older 2 channel models though, because of all the 3 channel models I've tried, they've been hit and miss. I have a '94 Recto that I use all the time, and people are constantly surprised by how it sounds (as well as the clean channel).

Degenerate said:
I'm about to get one of those (RH100-G2) with a Randall cab in a damn good deal.. that is if it sounds and records any good at all.. then it'll be a damn good deal.

I wouldn't do that if I was you. I had a head in that series (rh200g2), and it was nothing but problems. Apparently over 3/4 of these amps have a DC leak into the left speaker output, which will cause damage to the cab over time. Wasn't a lot of time in my case.... I blew 2 cabs before I figred out what happened. Eventually the amp began to cut out (after only 6 months, bought it new), so I dumped it. It's a shame because it was a great sounding unit.
Maybe think about getting an RM100 modular tube head? haha.

Damn. Is something like that fixable though? I know an amp guru(professional), I could have him check it out before I use it too much. But I won't be doing that if I'd have to spend another 50% of the price.

This is what I'm looking at.. it's new.
http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=5848

I was considering going for a more expensive tube amp (I want to try a Fireball sometime either way) and reasonable 4x12.. or maybe the ENGL 2x12 V30 slant, but I do like these Randalls sound and it's a much cheaper and sensible option for my situation.

I'll look into it, but it's not surprising that I'd probably get what I paid for. Thanks for the heads up!!

Also, these bands aren't just getting Kranks for free. They're paying cost for them. Aside from that, that's kind of a stupid reason to assume someone's going to use gear. If you already own a 5150 and like it, you wouldnt switch to Krank cuz its "free", considering you already OWN what you DO like. I know Steve DiGiorgio has had string endorsements offered to him that would have been free, but opts to pay cost for his Rotosounds Swing Bass 66's or whatever, because he prefers the tone.