Question for anyone living in Finland

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Does anyone know when Tuska Festival in Helsinki will be next summer? If I remember this past summer correctly, it was the middle weekend in July, the 12th-14th. I'm curious if anyone has any information about how this festival works, i.e.--->

Is it right smack in the middle of Helsinki?
How much does it cost for the entire weekend?
Can you go to only 1 day if you want?
Have any bands been announced yet?

Stuff like that. I checked the Tuska site and it doesn't appear to have any updates yet, plus most of it is in Finnish (which I clearly don't speak, read or write). I'll be visiting Finland & Sweden next summer with my girlfriend (who's grandparents live in Helsinki), right before I go to Wacken 2003, so any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

Yes, I've seen that site. Unfortunately, 99% of it is in Finnish and I'm embarrassed to have my girlfriend's mother try to translate that for me. :)

Is it usual for this festival to wait until later before announcing info? I notice Wacken & some other festivals announce their info very early, yet Tuska does not.

For those of you've tried to help, thanks!

I've found out that the festival will be 11-13 July this summer, the middle weekend exactly as I guessed it would be. Looks like I'll have to fly there 1 day early! I'd give just about anything to find out that Ensiferum plays again this year. Does Tuska have any sort of "can't play 2 years in a row" policy?

Originally posted by markgugs
Does Tuska have any sort of "can't play 2 years in a row" policy?

Might have with foreign bands, but I doubt they have anything like that with finnish bands. At least Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus and Impaled Nazarene has played in every Tuska since 2000 and Finntroll has been there 2000 and 2001.