Question for Billy about the biz

say10

Cumming for the Devil
Whats up Bill, first of all thanks for being a good voice for music.

Second, I know you did some producing, but I was wondering if you are at all familiar with the enginering aspect. I am currently going to school at an engineerong school and was wonderin if you have any pointers for the enginering aspect or the production aspect.
THANX!!!

Lil Help here:
i went to an engineering skool too, it was kool, definitly helped learning the basics to survive a session, and even then its rough. No matter if you're number one or number 10 in ur class. Only the one who wants it the most will make it. Its really really rough from time to time bcs there's about 10millions other dudes doing the same shit as you. But the thing that will help is definitly connections and networkin with people. Getting business cards and goin to bars is not a bad idea. Offer ur services for live sound(if u do good at it) or studio recording, either you're trying to push ur name out there and that's a good thing...well there's plenty more but i dont have more time but i'll glad to answer any other question.

CoverUinOil said:
Lil Help here:
i went to an engineering skool too, it was kool, definitly helped learning the basics to survive a session, and even then its rough. No matter if you're number one or number 10 in ur class. Only the one who wants it the most will make it. Its really really rough from time to time bcs there's about 10millions other dudes doing the same shit as you. But the thing that will help is definitly connections and networkin with people. Getting business cards and goin to bars is not a bad idea. Offer ur services for live sound(if u do good at it) or studio recording, either you're trying to push ur name out there and that's a good thing...well there's plenty more but i dont have more time but i'll glad to answer any other question.
Im in school at Fullsail? You think that will help w/my resume???Also, do you know what interships pay(if at all)or regular asst. engineer salary is??

1. Math- engineering is exactly what is sounds like. A formula of numbers (Frequencies in audio) that have to support each other and come out with the same answer in the end. There is only one thing worse then a bad sounding record and that's a bad sounding record with your name on it as a reference for work. So take the time and learn your craft. Understand it takes years to master this industry but it takes one bad record to fuck up your carrer.
2. Art- Music unlike math is art. It is subjective and open to interpetation. If you listen to some of the older thrash records from the 80's you can here how sterile and plain they sound. This is a direct result of someone who is an Engineer only worrying about the math and forgot about the art.
Here endith the lesson.

oh yeah about internship and what it pays. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
your gonna be a fuckin slave.

Most places i went to and showed my resume didnt really care about skool you came from bcs what really matters is how bad you want it...only the strongest will survive...oh and u may get fucked over a couple of times by people but that's just the regular thing that happens in the music biz.
By the way, Bill thanx for all the work.