Question for Chris

Oct 17, 2005
Kinnear, Wyoming
Hey Chris, i have a question.

I am a Bach fan, i love the music, very intelligent. I know you like his stuff too after seeing you do one piece and Caprice No 7 by Luigi. I just wanted to know out of all the pieces you have done, which one was the most challenging? and are you currently working on any other classical pieces?

I have been playing guitar since i was little, and i grew up on a lot of blues and classical guitar, i want to improve my playing and i always wanted to learn classical, but where i live, a classical teacher is hard to find.

Any pieces or work you find would be valuable to a beginning classical guitarist? what helped you the most?

-Steve

Hey Chris, i have a question.

I am a Bach fan, i love the music, very intelligent. I know you like his stuff too after seeing you do one piece and Caprice No 7 by Luigi. I just wanted to know out of all the pieces you have done, which one was the most challenging? and are you currently working on any other classical pieces?

I have been playing guitar since i was little, and i grew up on a lot of blues and classical guitar, i want to improve my playing and i always wanted to learn classical, but where i live, a classical teacher is hard to find.

Any pieces or work you find would be valuable to a beginning classical guitarist? what helped you the most?

-Steve

Honestly I think that being immersed with other Classical guitarist helped me the most, but I recommend starting with Frederic Noads Solo Classical guitar book, and or the Shearer series, and or the Sor, Aguado,and Carcassi studies. There is a lot out there but it helps to know you are going in the right path (teachers confirming what you are doing)

Hope this helps, Chris.

I'm going to definatly check those out, right now i am playing Anna Magdalena Anh 115 - Minuet in Gm, their is a lot to classical guitar, even the way you sit makes a difference, and the use of fingernails.

Thanks Chris.

-Steve