Question for Dan

Mar 12, 2005
Hey Dan, sorry this doesnt really have much to do with you i am just curious... are you excited for the new opeth album or if you already have it or have heard it, what do you think?

void if you are too busy to answer every stupid question

But I am Dan Swanö, goddamn it!!! ;) I heard heard one soft part, without vocals, repeated for 2 hours....I have heard an overdubsession with three notes involved, repeated for all the time me an Jim Raggi was there (hours...) so...I haven´t heard much, but I believe my friend Jens (engineer/producer) that it´s a great album. When I was there the first time I asked Mike and Per if it was a good album...they said "All fillers, no killers!!" I hope they changed their opinion after a while!!! ;)

After the resounding success and acclaim of the reworked Nightingale tracks, would how would you theoretically rework the production and mixing of "Orchid" and "Morningrise".

Assume time and money were not an issue.

Also, do you have any plans to work with Mikael again... (we ALL want more Sörskogen and Steel was a great parody)? Go on... have a little chat with him at Wacken about doing something else!

Dan Swanö said:
I have heard an overdubsession with three notes involved, repeated for all the time me an Jim Raggi was there (hours...)

.... yes, it makes me think that if I was a musician I'd definitely have to be a crusty grind guy that releases only albums with very rough production because after maybe two or three takes I'd tell the producer to go fuck himself because I'm done. :p

Dan, drop me a PM or an email with your mailing address... it's been a hectic couple of months since returning to the States with 60 hour workweeks in the Florida heat and a new issue of LotFP that needs to be sent out.

cenzu said:
I think it would be suitable to ask in this thread also opinions about the new Hypocrisy, in case anyone has heard it.

this is out already? Damn, I need to do some catching up with current life it seems...
:erk:

ah yes, I checked it now, only in September. I got already scared of my non-updatedness ;)

if we are asking questions of "what do you think of.." right now to Dan, since I am listening to that at the moment I may ask:

Dan, what do you think of The Cardigans?
:D