Question for Dan about Åkerfeldt

I hope the opeth guys get a spur of the moment idea when Dan visits them in the studio and let him squeaze out a guitar solo or two and lay some vocals on their new record.:)

Dan Swanö;6694904 said:
but the Millencolin connection came around the 2nd album, when they had learned how to play and sing better..
D

I agree, Millencolin really blossomed on the albums Life on A Plate and For Monkeys(my fave) before fading a bit on Pennybridge Pioneers. I like Same Old Tunes though, maybe because they didn't know what they were doing helped. I just realized Kingwood is missing from my Millencolin collection and now you say they are recording its followup...if only a US tour is in their future.

Life On A Plate is the record that got me into rock in the first place, i think i bought it almost the day it came out, it´s still great.

I never knew they were Swedish or that Swanö has had some dealings with them, I remember hearing them on the first Tony Hawks Pro Skater.. I believe. Anyway I think they are garbage, but its pretty interesting.

From the interview posted in the Opeth forum. (http://www.opeths.fr/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=344)

09. Has the rumor said and Internet have propagated it, is there will be a collaboration with you and Steven Wilson and Mike Portnoy ? As you have sang on the new Drem theater's album...
More recently this is a connection with you and Dan, and fans have been happy to see a Sorskogen project re-appear. Can you light on this, or it's just rumors ?
Mike : The different project are rumours, but I admit myself and Steve have been talking about doing something for years. Portnoy emailed us and said he wabted to be involved as well should we decide to do something so that's how everything started really. As for Sorskogen, yes, I did call Dan up and asked if he wanted to record some more. We'll see what happens. I have songs that's been lying around for 10 years for this project you know.

:headbang::kickass::headbang: