Dan, A Bloodbath question for ya

Hell fucking yes \m/

Tagtgren fucking rules!!! Awesome pick Dan!!!! He's got a great death metal range, and Im a pretty big Hypocrisy fan, so this is awesome!!! The only person I would have chosen over Tagtgren would be Mr. Swano himself, but what can you do?? Awesome.

Yeah, this should rock. I love Peter, too. His vocals are not the deep growling demonic type, however. (At least not at all recently) This tells me the band is going to change it's sound pretty significantly. I'm very glad that Dan is off the drums and on the guitar, this will beter utilize his unique skills. Everybody knows the drummer is always the easiest to replace. Apologies to the drummers out there. ;)

Miller High Death said:
I feel dumb here, but after reading about hooks so many times, I'm still not sure what one is? Is it a melodic lead that just totally kicks ass or what?
"A hook" can be anything that catches the listener by surprise the first couple of listens, awakens one's interest and/or attention, or something that makes one mess his/her pants. It could be an odd note here, a nifty drum fill there, a sudden change, etc.

The most common hook (which has become more of a cliché) in pop, dance and techno music is playing the chorus, then transposing it up half or full a step and playing it again.

Orchid said:
"A hook" can be anything that catches the listener by surprise the first couple of listens, awakens one's interest and/or attention, or something that makes one mess his/her pants. It could be an odd note here, a nifty drum fill there, a sudden change, etc.

The most common hook (which has become more of a cliché) in pop, dance and techno music is playing the chorus, then transposing it up half or full a step and playing it again.

Thanks for the help, I feel enlightened now! :headbang: