Question for Rectifier CAB owners...

nervirasme

Dismember
Nov 13, 2010
Cologne, Germany
www.behance.net
Hey guys,

I don't own a cab and I'm seriously considering a DIY cabinet project, and among the research that I'm doing one thing is bugging me - when looking at the picture of a rectifier cab I can't determine if the thickness of the edge that I'm seeing ("X" - picture 1) is actually a thickness of a plywood throughout the whole cab ("X1" - picture 2), or is it the thickness of the plywood plus additional supporting bracket (or whatever it's called... english is not my native language) like in the last picture ("X2" - picture 3)?

Bottom line is - I need the exact thickness of the plywood used in rectifier, but I also want to know if there's any supporting frame at the front like I mentioned...

EDIT: in the 13th post I asked for a small favor - if anyone's willing to help I would be VERY thankful!

Thanks!

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

It's x1 = 19mm marine grade plywood.

I really appreciate the help, but are you sure it's 19mm? Because when looking at the perfectly scaled photo of the cab in Photoshop (I took Mesa's specs/dimensions) I'm consistently measuring 28mm! (And that's not a small difference)... That's what's bugging me... 19mm (3/4") would be logical indeed.

It's 19mm like every cab. If you look the front side there is a frame so it seems bigger (like the orange) but the effective size is 19mm

Yeah, that's what I wanted to know... so it's like in picture 3 (X2) where the thickness of the outer frame (X) is actually plywood + inner supporting frame...
So, if the total outer frame is around 28-29mm and you subtract those 19mm of plywood that leaves somewhere around 9-10mm of the inner frame...
Thanks!

If you make some that sound anywhere near a MESA OS I'll gladly buy one from you when I come home :D . As is, that thing is just way too huge to ship and way too expensive in Europe.

If you make some that sound anywhere near a MESA OS I'll gladly buy one from you when I come home :D . As is, that thing is just way too huge to ship and way too expensive in Europe.

Try Thomann.de ;) - 700 EUR for the cab and usually no more than 50 EUR for shipping... They even deduct 19% of german VAT (ili ti ga PDV po nashki:)) before shipping... Of course, our customs will still rip you off with VAT :D

By the way - on "Ultimate Guitar" forum I found some very old thread where a guy measured his 2x12 Rectifier cab and got dimensions that are quite shorter than those listed on Mesa site... Anyone care to check/take a measurement of width, height and depth? I would be eternally thankful!!!