Question for Steve Smyth

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Hi Steve,

u have probably seen my "Testament Tour" thread where I suggested the "An Evening With Testament" tour idea. I was just wondering do you guys think that this is a good idea and is it possible to make this kind of tour happen where u have no opening acts?

2.5-3 hours of Testament live :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
that would be a hell of a show :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

You missed the point: It's possible, but very unlikely..............
METALLICA, being as big as they are, did not have to take another live act on the road with them, by their own choice. They have always been the exception to the rule..........
Other lesser bands have no choice but to take an opener or 2 with them. They get $$$ from the labels, that are trying to promote, new & up coming acts. Along with Tour support, to help pay for Equipment trucks, crew salaries, hotels, Lighting, Sound, & Tour buses. Or they take out someone, on the same label, to push their exposure to sell more records & increase ticket sales for the tour. But thats the labels band, & money being used. So it's not a viable option to lose $$$, just because some fans, want to see their band play alone. Record Labels & bands are a buisness, & thus have to be run accordingly, bands that lose $$$, tour less, sell less, & fold. When a band can not make money, band members quit or move on. Sometimes management decisions, & money issues, over rule what the fans want, or even what the band wants. Take the OZZ-FEST, all the lesser bands, even some of the newer support slots, are paying OZZY directly, just to get that tour spot. Plus losing more money paying for production costs, in the hopes that the exposure, increase record sales & pushes the band to a bigger status. Even the clubs want openers to draw more hometown people to the gig, & make openers pay to play, & make more on the Bar sales. So your request is a total losing proposition.................Don't open a buisness....................nice idea.....but more like a dream..............

I think Jason only sang one song, it was the Guitar solo, & drum solo, that gave James some rest periods. Also 20 minutes of Seek & Destroy with the auidience, gave the rest of the band a break..............And Chuck is back to singing form.........& wants to play live.......real soon.............Their next tour in support of their new album, will be longer, & go more places,than they did for The Gathering.................The bands pumped up to get back out there......just as bad as everyone wants to see them..........2003 will be a good year for TESTAMENT................................

Sounds like a great idea, and yes, I would be ready for it, and as Deadly Embrace has already put it, it would depend on if it's able to be done based on tour support and other related issues. I would say HELL YEAH in a second!:headbang: :hotjump: :devil:

Originally posted by Steve Smyth
Sounds like a great idea, and yes, I would be ready for it, and as Deadly Embrace has already put it, it would depend on if it's able to be done based on tour support and other related issues. I would say HELL YEAH in a second!:headbang: :hotjump: :devil:

Cool. If it's gonna happen that would really kick ass Steve :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I've been waiting for a Testament Concert...........
I'm sure they'll be surprised with the intense crowd in here.....

You can write Brasil, this is how us, brazilians write it.......:)

BTW, great album, you're listening to.....
headbob.gif