Question for Troy

Thornmoon

Fuckin' Bass Player
Nov 8, 2002
Alabama, USA
www.myspace.com
Troy,

In your bio on the ZH website you mention a guy named John Onder as an influence... I know a guy by that name. I took private lessons from him and I have to say he's a fargin BASS MONSTER!! He's played and recorded with Joey Tafolla, and Michael Schenker (among others) and I'm curious if this is the same guy... If so how do you know him?

Thanks
Mark

Mark,
Hey brotha!!!!.. I heard John Onder for the first time on Joey tafolla's Infra Blue cd first came out and my jaw just dropped. Then I had heard a track he did on one of those Guitar On the Edge cd's and the solo he threw down was so kick ass!!!!. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from him since then.. I know he played on one of the Artension cd's but he didn't get a chance to break loose on that disc. But he was one of the players that made me crack down on raising my level of playing. There are so many great players out there and it's too bad that alot of these we'll never get heard.
I recently saw King Crimson live and Trey Gunn is one bad-ass player. I had seen him with KC before and that guy is truely amazing on that instrument..

All the best, brotha!!!
Troy/ZH

heheh you mean this Trey Gunn??? gosh he is a MONSTER!!! INCREDIBLE PLAYER!!!

Havent posted yet on this forum, but been lurking a bit. BryanJB01 on AIM. I talked with ya Troy at the stellar Porcupine Tree concert at Slim's (with my blonde fiance by my side). Anyhow, Trey are ya checking out KC again at the end of March at the Warfield????

kc030103-b.jpg

Hey brotha!!!! Unfortunately I won't be checking them out at the Warfield. Lucky for me I was in Atlanta when I was or I wouldn't have caught them last daturday night. You're in for an amazing show to say the least... BTW, our side band DEATH MACHINE is playing March 15th (a saturday night) at the Pound in SF!!!. If you and your fiance aren't doing anything that evening it would be great to see you both there... YOU RULE!!!!!

Troy

actually are you guys still playing that gig at the Gaslighter?? Cuz that place is like only 30-40 minutes away from Monterey whereas the Pound would be closer to 2. Damn man I miss so many good shows up in SF simply cuz it's a 2 hour drive one way!!

at any rate, i am gonna try like hell to check you guys out!! the death machine cd has been in heavy rotation since i got back in december!! GREAT STUFF!

Hey brotha!!! We're still playing the show at the Gilroy Gaslighter but we've been telling everyone to go to The Pound show since that's the place we want to make the best impression.. But the Gilroy show will be good as well and definately not as packed..we go on around 9 PM in Gilroy... YOU RULE!!!

Troy