question to norsemen and swedes

Almost no one listens to Metal in Denmark and we boarder up to Germany and Sweden. One would think that we have a metal scene.....It is almost none existent.
That really sucks because it's hard to find really good cds. I have to buy Green Carnation, Agalloch and some other bands online because I can't find them in Danish stores :yell:

Denmark brought the world one of the best metal bands ever Mercyful Fate/King Diamond

Anyways thanks for everyone's opinions. canada is pretty much a clone of the states. MTV is way too important for the masses to accept anything other than america's prefabricated bullshit.

eskimometal said:
Denmark brought the world one of the best metal bands ever Mercyful Fate/King Diamond...

and INIQUITY as far as I know. I can recommend it to anyone who likes raw death metal, and I agree, King Diamond is one of the best bands ever.

Saturnus and the Loveless are from Denmark, so is of the wand and the moon...all great bands (the later is neo-folk though) Someone already mentioned King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, two of the most creative and innovative bands in the history of metal.

the states definitely lack in the good metal category. there are of course exceptions, but around here, when i say i listen to metal, people usually ask me if i like slipknot and disturbed, so you could see what we're like here.

The would-be market for metal in America is unfortunately quite ignorant. For instance, while working at an independent record store in SAN FRANCISCO, I was often asked what kind of music I liked, to which I usually replied: "Death metal." Which was usually met with something along the lines of: "Oh cool! Have you heard the Deftones?!"

lemurian said:
The would-be market for metal in America is unfortunately quite ignorant. For instance, while working at an independent record store in SAN FRANCISCO, I was often asked what kind of music I liked, to which I usually replied: "Death metal." Which was usually met with something along the lines of: "Oh cool! Have you heard the Deftones?!"
quiiiieeek - the deftones good one,

cheers mate!

Really most of the US stuff is stinky poppy bullshit though there are/were some exceptions (RIP Chuck). Most of the US bm, groups like Absu and Judas Iscariot are also not among my favourites ...

insidethefall said:
Saturnus and the Loveless are from Denmark, so is of the wand and the moon...all great bands (the later is neo-folk though) Someone already mentioned King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, two of the most creative and innovative bands in the history of metal.

Of the wand and the Moon/Saturnus/The Loveless...the same dude...doesn't really count...still good music though

Ha, i have a good story. I once entered a large music chain store (In the US) to look for an album. So after some searching around, i couldn't find Borknagar, so i went up to one of the employees, and asked if she could help me. SHe asked me what band i was lookign for, to which i replied "Borknagar"...she stared at me for a second, and then just walked away.