Questions about album design

Ngoc

Jul 24, 2010
Germany
Hey,

I'm currently making my band's EP and it's the first time where I try to create the album design on my own and I'm not very experienced

But now I have some questions to the graphic designers here:

What are the sizes of all the "paper" in the CD case?
(Don't know how to say it in English properly)

Should I use CMYK or sRGB?

Any other tips are appreciated ;)

Greetings,

:D

Hey,

I'm currently making my band's EP and it's the first time where I try to create the album design on my own and I'm not very experienced

As with everything else, if you can't do something yourself, get someone else to do it. You can get absolutely stunning album designs for ridiculously cheap nowadays.

But now I have some questions to the graphic designers here:

What are the sizes of all the "paper" in the CD case?
(Don't know how to say it in English properly)

Should I use CMYK or sRGB?

However, if you insist on pursuing this alone, all this info will be found on the duplication/replication plant's website provided they are a decent company. Usually they even have downloadable templates for different designs (digipak, jewel case, sleeve etc.) with guides for the print area, bleed area and so on.

You should get templates at the company that is going to manufacture the CD.

or
CD
Jewelcase
Digipack
ect ect

but most companies have everything ready, and it makes more sense to use the templates of the company you're hiring anyway.

some dont offer tempates that you can drop in and work with, but in that case they give you the specs (how much bleed and where, dimensions ect).

If you are going to print something it needs to be CMYK if you dont want to run into troubles.