Questions about Chronicles DVD...

gorhelper

New Metal Member
Jul 6, 2004
I bought it yesterday and even though it kicks ass visualy, sonicaly it's not the best 5.1 you've heard. strange mix. anyway, on the second disk, in the videos section, I only get access to the 3 last videos (requiem, unleash the beast+behind the scenes, killing ground). HOW do I access the rest 5 videos? there's nothing on that page to prompt me to another videos page! it only has that damned "back" button which leads me to the main menu...I even searched the contents of the dvd and I can't find the other 5 videos... anybody have this dvd?

Also, where's that easter egg "drum solo" hidden?

Thanks!

25 views and not one reply? damn, and it's been on top of the page for days... this place sure is dead! COME ON YOU PEOPLE! someone must know!

The thread couldn't have been here for days since you only posted it yesterday!

Anyway, I have the dvd and have no problems accessing all the video's, so I have no idea why you can't gorhelper. Maybe you have a pirate copy or something? In which case, serves you right! If it is a genuine version, maybe you should take it back, because you should be able to access everything without a problem.

As for the hidden drum solo, can't say I know anything about it. There is something hidden which I've seen, but can't remember what it is off the top of my head! I think you press something during the bit where Biff is on the channel 4 breakfast show, if I remember right. Someone mentioned it on a previous thread about chronicles a long time ago.

it is NOT a pirate copy! it is an original... It isn't scratched in any way so I don't understand what's wrong! The store wont take it back cause it's in perfect shape

this is exactly what my screen looks like when I enter the videos section:

requiem (we will remember) 1991*
Unleash The Beast 1997* Behind The Scenes*
Killing Ground 2001*

BACK*

The cursor moves in one of these options, where the asterisk is... If i press back, it takes me back to the main menu, and there's no arrow leading to a second page or anything, just the options shown here.... how is this different from anyone else's DVD?

ok, I extensively searched the contents of the disk. Nothing. I called the store and asked them about it and the guy told me that he has had this complaint many times before and it is a fault that was found on all of the units that were shipped, or at least all of the units he got. oh well, looks like this escaped quality control. can I contact someone from the website to let the headquarters know about this?...

ok after some search I found out that the second batch of dvds that came out of the factory ALL are missing 5 videoclips like I mentioned...

Paxoman said:
Well take it back mate. The dvd IS faulty and they HAVE to replace it or give you your money back.

You know... put that whole store on a blacklist ...and put a ban on that store... for example mention the name of that shop here on this website... also the adress, phonenumber and maybe we as metalheads can bring a nice visit to that person over there..such things just have to be dealed with ..in openess... I can fully understand Gorhelper that you feel disapointed and the saxonmanagment should tackle these situation..they have the moral task here my opinion..they should act.. and to end my entry ... to such shops I can only say : " Cut out the disease, cut out that kinde shops! Spit such shops out!! :yuk: Such things may not happen at all, I am quit clear in that..

ps Once I had troubles with the crusader CD, Track 7 always skipped in the middle, my local music-store-boss immediately took it back, no bullshit no confrontation-weakness and re-ordered a new one, wenn I got another Crusader-one it was good..

no no, its a wonderful shop with a great guy that runs it, he said that if i wanted I could get sth else and return the dvd but ALL the second batch of dvds that came out of the factory that way... all shops now have only the dvd's w/out the 5 videos. I have sent an email to both spv and saxon officials and await a reply...

gorhelper said:
no no, its a wonderful shop with a great guy that runs it, he said that if i wanted I could get sth else and return the dvd but ALL the second batch of dvds that came out of the factory that way... all shops now have only the dvd's w/out the 5 videos. I have sent an email to both spv and saxon officials and await a reply...

Maybe it is because I have other criteria to judge a recordshop... but you must get ' money ' back and NOT 'something' else. Legaly you must get back money, realy... and still such things should not happen at all. I thing such things are bad for the ' fans ' and the reputation of a great band like Saxon.. they deserve better.. just my opinion... and another question: " Why are those (4) spanish gigs cancelled? A reason please... does somebody know? I don't understand such things... it frightens me sometimes... :cry:

Hi George,

I think this is because EMI (not SPV) has the legal rights for those
videoclips. They are on the DVD Live Innocence/Power And The Glory Video
Anthology, re-released by EMI in 2003.

For other questions, contact SPV.

Cheers,

Wouter

received this yesterday... now we know