Questions about New York

Oct 27, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Hey guys!

Me and some friends just decided we would go to New York next week.

We're going there in car, but we don't want to drive in New York all the week. So we think our best bet would be to find an hotel in or near New York where we could go to New York by our feets, cab or bus. So we would just use the car to go to New York and to go back at home.

Does anybody have cheap hotel suggestions for broken students?:)

Thanks!
Max

2 years ago I was in NY. Hotels in manhattan were two expensive so we went to a motel by recommendations. It is in New Jersey but it's only 15-20 minutes by bus to centre of Manhattan. It's only crossing the tunnel of Hudson River.
To know where it is type "super 8 motel north bergen" in Google Maps.
There is a bus that stops in front of the hotel and takes you to NY.

Breakfast is like eating a turd.

I paid 794 $ for 7 nights (taxes included)

Super 8 Motel - North Bergen NJ/NYC Area
2800 Columbia Avenue
495 East & Lincoln Tunnel Rd
North Bergen, NJ 07047 US
Phone: 201-864-4500

Hey dude,

Plenty of places local in NJ that you can look into. Check out these cities, all of which are close to NYC and can be easily accessed by train, bus, ferry, whatever:

-Fort Lee, NJ (literally right next to the GWB)
-Edgewater, NJ (A bit $$, but very close too)
-Teaneck, NJ (very close as well)
-Weehawken, NJ (you can take a ferry to the city)

Pretty much anywhere in Bergen County is close to NYC. If you search for hotels around that area you should be good! Check it out on a map.

-Joe

I thought NJ is the toilet of the US? Why would anybody wanna go there :lol:

Geeee thanks man, make me feel a little worse! Hahaha.

NJ isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's a pretty diverse state, so I'll let that one slide. :mad::)

Anyways, staying in NJ while traveling to NYC is way cheaper and in close proximity.

-Joe

I thought NJ is the toilet of the US? Why would anybody wanna go there :lol:

Please Bernhard, have some respect!

...The word you're looking for is armpit :heh: Nah, it's mostly the spots of Northern Jersey near the Hudson and NY that are crappy, but there are indeed some really nice spots, and it does indeed seem to be the best bet for affordable accomodation!

lol fuck nj man. :hotjump:

stay in queens or brooklyn much cheaper closer to city and easier to get to. and you're not in NJ. there are plenty of cheap hotels in eastern queens and northwest brooklyn you are 15 minutes away by car from manhattan and plenty of public transportation.