Questions for Mike

theunchosenone

New Metal Member
Jun 21, 2010
Mike, let me start by saying you are one of my all time favorite singers, right alongside the greats such as Tate, Allen, and Labrie.

1. Do you have any idea what your vocal range is? I have heard you hit some quite high notes remenicent of Tony Harnell and Labrie buy you can dip down to do some low baritone stuff ala geoff tate. It is very impressive and i was wondering if you know the highest and lowest notes you are capabe of.

2. Who are your biggest influences as singers?

3. What do you do to maintain your voice? It would be a shame to lose such a wonderful gift.

I wish you the best and hope you keep making great music for many more years.
Cheers from America.

Mike, let me start by saying you are one of my all time favorite singers, right alongside the greats such as Tate, Allen, and Labrie.

Hey bro , that is some nice words to start the day..I am flattered:worship:

1. Do you have any idea what your vocal range is? I have heard you hit some quite high notes remenicent of Tony Harnell and Labrie buy you can dip down to do some low baritone stuff ala geoff tate. It is very impressive and i was wondering if you know the highest and lowest notes you are capabe of.

Hmm , I remember back in the days trying to sound like those awesome vocalists you mentioned..If I had a guitar here with me I could try some low stuff..I believe I can reach a low E on the guitar , but I can`t sing in that tone if you know what I mean , hihi ;) I remember singing my ass off a day before a show ( never again )..I recorded it on my tape-recorder ( yes looong time ago , hihi ) and I held a high clean note with vibrato and full voice..it was on the 24th fret on the guitar:popcorn:

2. Who are your biggest influences as singers?

To name a few : Richard Marx , Sebastian Bach , Kip Winger , John Farnham , Jorn Lande ..and the list goes on :D

3. What do you do to maintain your voice? It would be a shame to lose such a wonderful gift.

Rule nr 1 : REST..you need to get enough sleep to maintain your voice.
Rule nr 2 : WATER..can`t get enough of that .

..and when beeing on tour try to avoid after-parties..loud music..many people..you end up screaming instead of talking and messing up your voice..I don`t drink alcohol before a show and never the day before a show.

I wish you the best and hope you keep making great music for many more years.
Cheers from America.

Thx for the kind words bro..hope to see you around next time we are in America :wave:

Have a nice day:D

Mike,

Agree with your voice, love it. I'm surprised you didn't mention Geoff Tate because I hear a lot of similarities.

As for John Farnham, I literally fell of my chair when you sang Your the Voice on the video with Seventh WOnder. Gold, how the hell did you get into John Farnham? He has an awesome voice and is an Aussie so cool in my book :)

One final question - In the new album will you mix the low mid and high vocals more, I love how you start low in many songs and then jump to high but I would love to hear more changes in range throughout the song?

Keep up the great work and GET YOUR ASS DOWN UNDER!! Bring Seventh Wonder, Truls can dance a podium when they are playing their set (another reference to that video on youtube).

Brett

First of all I want to say; Circus Maixmus Kicks Ass!

Then...
Which Ibanez model is Mats Haugen using?
Is there any plans of him getting a signature model?
Are you guys going to tour in Kristiansand any time soon?

:worship: