Quick Axe Fx question.

Vicioushead

Jan 29, 2012
Ireland
Hey all,

I have an Axe FX standard that I am running though an Atomic Reactor 2x12. Should I disable cabinet simulation when using the Reactor?

When recording direct with the Axe FX the tones are nowhere near as good sounding as they are through the cab. Is there anything I can do to get them sounding better?

Thanks.

G

I don't own an AxeFX but it sounds obvious, you are plugging it into an actual cabinet so why would you keep the cab simulator in your chain then ?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. It's a neutral EQ, powered cabinet, I genuinely don't know if it works differently in that regard.

The atomic reactor is a tube powered full range monitor (afaik).
So you should keep the cabsim on. That shouldn't be to hard to figure out though. Just disable the cabsim, if it sounds like shit turn it on again.
You could try to tweak your tones on your studio monitors instead.. Than they'd sound better on your recordings (but probably worse through your atomic).

The atomic reactor is a tube powered full range monitor (afaik).
So you should keep the cabsim on. That shouldn't be to hard to figure out though. Just disable the cabsim, if it sounds like shit turn it on again.
You could try to tweak your tones on your studio monitors instead.. Than they'd sound better on your recordings (but probably worse through your atomic).

Thank you!

leave the cab sim ON. to improve the sound you'll need to find some IR's that absolutely fit.
not sure what you are using but the stock IR's aren't that good imho. if you didn't already try ownhammer IR's.

leave the cab sim ON. to improve the sound you'll need to find some IR's that absolutely fit.
not sure what you are using but the stock IR's aren't that good imho. if you didn't already try ownhammer IR's.

Cool, thanks.

I have no idea how to get IR's on to the Axe FX though. Are there any guides?