Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

Guys, need help, what's the time signature of the second part of the riff, from 00:08

I can't figure it out and it hurts my head. I can't even follow what's going on at .5x speed ffs. In fact there are several riffs in that song alone that I struggle with.

Guys, need help, what's the time signature of the second part of the riff, from 00:08

I can't figure it out and it hurts my head. I can't even follow what's going on at .5x speed ffs. In fact there are several riffs in that song alone that I struggle with.

That's quite tricky. The start is 6/4, but it get's tricky with the change. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow, don't have time to do it today.

Thanks a bunch mate! This dude likes to use the most retarded time signatures, he has a 1/64th note in one of his songs and that's the point of that entire song:

Thanks a bunch mate! This dude likes to use the most retarded time signatures, he has a 1/64th note in one of his songs and that's the point of that entire song:

That's pretty extreme :D

Worst I've ever done is 15/8 I think. Also have some 7/4 and 5/4 stuff, but that's not quite as bad.

I have a question about Finland. Do they allow dogs inside? Like... 30 kilos and a half siberian half wolf?
I had a friend who had Saarlos wolfhound, that thing ate his apartment and he had to give it away.
So, I wonder, where and how you can raise a wolf alike dog without have a problem with police and stuff for noise and destruction?

Why does this feel so satisfying?

Interesting find. It does feel different to the original, even without comparing them back to back. I was ready to dismiss this as placebo, but decided to Google it. Google gave me a bunch of articles about how 432 Hz is "the frequency of the universe", which, to me, sounds pretty much as reliable as astrology, but even Google Scholar gives me loads of results for "432 Hz", and those are all peer reviewed scientific studies so they should be pretty reliable. This study for example (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1550830718302763) says that "The data suggests that 432 Hz tuned music can decrease heart rate more than 440 Hz tuned music". The study also mentions 432 Hz music sounding more satisfying than music tuned to 440 Hz, which is definitely interesting.

The important question is, how do I retune my guitars and all my VST instruments to 432 Hz? :D

Reactions: P4T0U
Interesting find. It does feel different to the original, even without comparing them back to back. I was ready to dismiss this as placebo, but decided to Google it. Google gave me a bunch of articles about how 432 Hz is "the frequency of the universe", which, to me, sounds pretty much as reliable as astrology, but even Google Scholar gives me loads of results for "432 Hz", and those are all peer reviewed scientific studies so they should be pretty reliable. This study for example (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1550830718302763) says that "The data suggests that 432 Hz tuned music can decrease heart rate more than 440 Hz tuned music". The study also mentions 432 Hz music sounding more satisfying than music tuned to 440 Hz, which is definitely interesting.

The important question is, how do I retune my guitars and all my VST instruments to 432 Hz? :D

It’s interesting for sure. I do believe it’s kind of bogus.
On the guitar for example it’s only the A4 that is tuned to the magical frequency. Nerds will then say that the rest of the frequencies will line up better and have fewer decimals.
Most tuners though, have a margin of error of a few cents.

The “Tuner T1” app for iPhone has capability to do it in its settings. I’m sure there’s also a free android tuner app that can do it.
Also a lot of modern pedal/clip on tuners can.
B77F8EE0-7AFD-4C84-8648-B0A77133CA98.png

Reactions: P4T0U
It’s interesting for sure. I do believe it’s kind of bogus.
On the guitar for example it’s only the A4 that is tuned to the magical frequency. Nerds will then say that the rest of the frequencies will line up better and have fewer decimals.
Most tuners though, have a margin of error of a few cents.

The “Tuner T1” app for iPhone has capability to do it in its settings. I’m sure there’s also a free android tuner app that can do it.
Also a lot of modern pedal/clip on tuners can.
View attachment 32850
The study seems to suggest there's some truth to the idea, but you're correct that only one note is going to be in 432 Hz, and it feels odd for the tiny difference to make any serious difference.

As for the tuner, I've been using the Neural DSP plugins' built-in tuner for the past couple years, which does let you adjust the tuning frequency. The real issue is retuning all the symphonic sound libraries I have, none of which have a switch to retune them as far as I can remember. It's very unlikely I'll actually ever try to do it due to those sound libraries not being able to retune themselves.

The study seems to suggest there's some truth to the idea, but you're correct that only one note is going to be in 432 Hz, and it feels odd for the tiny difference to make any serious difference.

As for the tuner, I've been using the Neural DSP plugins' built-in tuner for the past couple years, which does let you adjust the tuning frequency. The real issue is retuning all the symphonic sound libraries I have, none of which have a switch to retune them as far as I can remember. It's very unlikely I'll actually ever try to do it due to those sound libraries not being able to retune themselves.

I have very little understanding of virtual instruments, VSTs and anything inside the computer. As far as music production goes.
So can’t really be helpful there.

Maybe just use them as is, and then try using a master tuner plugin of sorts.

I have very little understanding of virtual instruments, VSTs and anything inside the computer. As far as music production goes.
So can’t really be helpful there.

Maybe just use them as is, and then try using a master tuner plugin of sorts.
That's probably the only way to do it yeah. I'm not really going to do it though, there's too little gain to be gained from it. Also, retuning the songs with a plug-in would reduce the audio quality slightly, so there are drawbacks as well.

that's an alt medicine journal, the study is pretty crap too. I very much doubt any of us would notice anything weird with the song if the title wasn't "Frequency 432". Maybe someone with perfect pitch

that's an alt medicine journal, the study is pretty crap too. I very much doubt any of us would notice anything weird with the song if the title wasn't "Frequency 432". Maybe someone with perfect pitch
Oh, I'd never heard of the site before and didn't look into it at all :D Yeah, most likely only someone with perfect pitch would notice it if they weren't told about it beforehand and had nothing to compare it to.

There could be some credibility behind all of this but lacks scientific studies to make it a fact. Really hard to tell if it's placebo, but you can hear the difference... perhaps just an effect of lowering the frequency. This dude makes a good video about it:

Last edited: