Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

:( I've found a guy on fb, but he was the only one who is young and named Esa, and he has fairly long hair, with decent moon background picture.

im trying to work out what is said at the end of the cover song "shipping off to boston" when the valve blows out on the squeeze box, i can tell if he say "ahh vittu" or "ahh hitto"?

Well, the meaning of the insults using genitalsynonyms is just a bit different. We say "Fotze" which means pussy in english but the meaning in english is being some sort of coward but in German it's more like being a whore.
And "Schwanz", which means dick or cock in english is just another version of asshole (Arschloch).
Similar to pussy is the german "Hast du keine Eier"? Which means "do you have no balls(or testicles)?"
the word "Cunt" might better describe the translation for "Fotze" in australia it used alot instead of "Slut"

Is Stam1na considered as a pop band in Finland or why did they give a concert on a Pop fest? :) As far as I can see, they are a some kind of provocative band.

Last edited:
I think Kotiteollisuus operates within the approach of pop, just uses metal soundworld, they never really cross the level of ruthlessness to be labeled real metal. They're sort of about life's hardships, but not about life's tragedies. Stam1na I've never listened to, but these are among the bands that every lady in their fifties have listened to, you can't really call them metal. Look under the surface. Bodom is way more catchy than any of these 'metal' bands, including Metallica, yet none of these normal people listened to Bodom. Why? Because you can sense underneath the catchiness there's real feelings they don't wanna be associated with in their tragedy-free lives. The other bands here are like 'heyy, let's pretend we're all metal since we found these heavy sounds.'

Last edited:
I think Kotiteollisuus operates within the approach of pop, just uses metal soundworld, they never really cross the level of ruthlessness to be labeled real metal. They're sort of about life's hardships, but not about life's tragedies. Stam1na I've never listened to, but these are among the bands that every lady in their fifties have listened to, you can't really call them metal. Look under the surface. Bodom is way more catchy than any of these 'metal' bands, including Metallica, yet none of these normal people listened to Bodom. Why? Because you can sense underneath the catchiness there's real feelings they don't wanna be associated with in their tragedy-free lives. The other bands here are like 'heyy, let's pretend we're all metal since we found these heavy sounds.'
I'd call them metal though it's true that they are not all that heavy. Then again IIRC Jouni Hynynen himself has called their music something along the lines of "Pop with distorted guitars". Being Hynynen I doubt he was all that serious when he said it, but it does carry some truth to it perhaps.

So he said it too. It's not about being heavy, it's the mood and how the songs are made. I just discussed this a day before when someone showed me their new music video, I realized it's full-blown pop underneath the soundworld (which I thought was great btw). It's very approachable by the main listener, the song construction and how everything progresses, very poppy. Also how the lyrics keep a hold of the listener thru the generic formula of verse, verse, chorus, etc, and of course ending with a double chorus the second being pitched up. It's like the soundworld comes from the heart, but it's definitely targeted to the masses. It's like offering a spiced beef to tamed tigers, it's not really a wild feast of metal.

What does "soumi perkele" mean? Well, I know what is the literally meaning of the phrase. However I would like to know what's the theory behind those words, the feelings, that are involved when a Finnish person says them?

What does "soumi perkele" mean? Well, I know what is the literally meaning of the phrase. However I would like to know what's the theory behind those words, the feelings, that are involved when a Finnish person says them?
I have only ever seen that phrase in the comment section of a youtube video that mentions Finland somehow. Finns get excited when this country is mentioned abroad even if it's a small thing. So I guess it's just to say "fuck yeah finland!"