Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

Does anybody still use winamp? If so - do you use EQ? Why I'm asking: I use winamp for ages, since I first got a PC and it was forever on Rock EQ setting (the slight U one, killed mid and tasty highs). So here came the new CC album and I couldn't hear a fucking note but the album is praised so I figured the fail's on my side and switched the EQ off. I'm now trying to listen to some stuff I'm very familiar with and it all sounds rather muddy, can't help.

Hi guys!

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask such a thing, but here goes:

16 years ago Children Of Bodom made a limited print of the Downfall single - you know, the one that came with the "reaper's hand" necklace. I'm not sure, but I remember reading from Scythes of Bodom, that the print was 500 copies. Of which I am sure, though, is that most of those packages have been ripped open, making the release just a standard single and an unattached necklace.

I have the single still in its original package with the necklace, which makes it pretty rare. I'd guess we're talking double digits; there probably are no more than a couple dozen of those in the whole world. This is just an estimate, but I'm confident that my guess is not far off.

So, my question is this: if I were to sell my copy, where could I get the best price for it and how much you'd say it's worth?

Did you know where does this come from ? (Follow The Reaper)

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;

I found this :

Holy Sonnets: Death, be not proud

By John Donne (1572–1631)

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

And the intro of Taste Of My Scythe (I don't know where to post that, but since it could be an answer to a quick/beginner question... so why not there) (check @ 2:00)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know a tool that can change the pitch of any sounds played on a PC live?
i'm not requesting a software in where i can import the audio file and change the pitch because audacity can do it.

Hallo Leute!

Since there are a lot of users from Germany here, I would like to ask what verb do you use to say "fuck you"?, I know you're not one of the most swearing nations and you mostly curse with (or ?by?o_O) genitals, like Arcane has used sometimes the "testicles" phrase.

Btw, why don't we use this thread as a general topic instead of IWC's one?

Last edited:
Hallo Leute!

Since there are a lot of users from Germany here, I would like to ask what verb do you use to say "fuck you"?, I know you're not one of the most swearing nations and you mostly curse with (or ?by?o_O) genitals, like Arcane has used sometimes the "testicles" phrase.

:D Such a great topic! I can't really curse in German (Well, I know scheisse, and someone once told me donner is some kind of a swear word though AFAIK it means thunder :D), but I have a somewhat related story. Anyway, a friend of mine was playing in an ice hockey tournament in Germany once long ago and when he got a penalty for what he described as "no reason whatsoever", he went and said "Du bist ein grosse schwein!" (You are a big pig!) to the referee and got thrown out of the match entirely :D

Hallo Leute!

Well, the meaning of the insults using genitalsynonyms is just a bit different. We say "Fotze" which means pussy in english but the meaning in english is being some sort of coward but in German it's more like being a whore.
And "Schwanz", which means dick or cock in english is just another version of asshole (Arschloch).
Similar to pussy is the german "Hast du keine Eier"? Which means "do you have no balls(or testicles)?"

:D Such a great topic! I can't really curse in German (Well, I know scheisse, and someone once told me donner is some kind of a swear word though AFAIK it means thunder :D), but I have a somewhat related story. Anyway, a friend of mine was playing in an ice hockey tournament in Germany once long ago and when he got a penalty for what he described as "no reason whatsoever", he went and said "Du bist ein grosse schwein!" (You are a big pig!) to the referee and got thrown out of the match entirely :D
I guess it was "fettes Schwein". Which means "fat pig". That's the usual term. :p

I guess it was "fettes Schwein". Which means "fat pig". That's the usual term. :p
Said friend's German is as bad as mine or at least close enough, so he most likely said grosse. I'll keep that in mind though if I ever feel the need to call someone a fat pig in German ;)

Fuck you = Fick dich, which is used often.

Especially used by the younger generation is "Halt die Fresse" which is "Shut the fuck up". I love german swearing!

Something that is used aswell (And I personally use often) is "Dreck!". It's very similar to the occassional "Shit" you might hear when something doesn't go as planned. The literal translation of Dreck is dirt.

Feel free to ask more, very refreshing!

Hey guys thanks for the contribution. By the way I just found some videos about cursing or insulting in german.

cyka blyat dafuq is going on here
--4.png